Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Venom

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Last time, I won with a 0/5/2 Venom, Now he's 2/5/3.
I'm tempted to use up my 80 taco tokens, since my vault has a blue Bucky. He's 1/1/2 right now, so I could definitely use both 4* covers. Gwen would be the next Savory vault, but she's 1/5/1.

Previous Runs

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:

You've given me hope jojeda654. In the past 2 weeks I've pulled 2 yellow covers bringing mine to 1/3/3. With 3 in yellow and all the stories of others from the last run, I'm optimistic I can pull it off.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:

You've given me hope jojeda654. In the past 2 weeks I've pulled 2 yellow covers bringing mine to 1/3/3. With 3 in yellow and all the stories of others from the last run, I'm optimistic I can pull it off.
    Yellow isn't important, green is.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Last time, I won with a 0/5/2 Venom

For the sake of my index, did you have him at 168?
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm going through the older thread, and I see that deny red, and boosts to yellow and green are a solid strategy.. but there is a fair bit of variety to the order of the yellow and green abilities. Some go green first, but most go yellow first.

I'm thinking that if you use yellow, ideally a couple times, then follow through with a couple green, that is the best?

Mine is currently around level 130 and 1/4/4 so I may be a bit tinykittied on the green, anyway.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Last time, I won with a 0/5/2 Venom

For the sake of my index, did you have him at 168?

I checked my roster history on Gamependium, and it shows that I did have him at 168. It's Revision #106, if you'd like to double check.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was afraid that my 1/2/2 (level 111) Venom isn`t good enough to beat this one. But then I mentioned that someone has made it with my combination. So there is still hope! icon_e_wink.gif
  • rainkingucd
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I was afraid that my 1/2/2 (level 111) Venom isn`t good enough to beat this one. But then I mentioned that someone has made it with my combination. So there is still hope! icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah, I'm of the same mindset. I know Bowgentle referenced the importance of Green, but at least it's doable with 2-3 yellow. I'll give it an honest go of it at least, unlike my 9 cover MrF failure earlier this cycle.
  • msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My level 131 4/0/1 Venom will put the green is key theory to the test. I've been fortunate enough to win all of the crashes this cycle so far.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My poor 1/2/1 Venom is not likely to make much headway. With only one cover of green and one cover of yellow, AND at level 94? Not getting my hopes up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SirLanik wrote:
    My poor 1/2/1 Venom is not likely to make much headway. With only one cover of green and one cover of yellow, AND at level 94? Not getting my hopes up.
    AsylumTKJ reported winning with a 1/2/2 level 111 Venom last time, so you might have a slim chance at least.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DDQ done with a Venom 0/3/3 lvl 147, +2 Y/R, +50% damage G/B, +100% all.
    2.000 HP left.
    Not easy, even with a board light in red !
  • superho
    Options
    Gonna give this a go with my 2/5/1 venom @ 120 - maybe I can get through it just by damage boosting like mad
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As expected, had Little trouble with my champion Venom. Got my first Latest Legends fivestar in a long time from the token - Bruce Banner Purple. While that is awesome, it does mean my already depleted HP supply dips a bit further... First World problems!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach's level 150 5/3/5 managed it first time through, denied red, collected yellow and green, waited until I had enough to down Carnage in one series of firing powers. Got an X-Force Wolverine yellow from the token, which was a total waste.

I have to summon the testicular fortitude to attempt it with Wolveroach's level 111 2/1/2. Maybe tomorrow.
  • msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My Venom, 4/0/2 level 131, won on the 2nd try. +2g/b ap, 100% boost all dmg, +50% dmg r/y. Save 13 green, 30 yellow, deny red. Fired all 4 off at the end to finish Carnage.
  • rainkingucd
    Options
    Managed it first go with my L141, 1/3/3 Venom. +50% G/B, +100% All, +2 R/Y.

Lucky with a very yellow heavy board, little red. Was able to deny a while, got hit by one Symbiote Scythes, and then unloaded 3 yellows in a row followed by green. 800 HP remaining.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have a 5/3/1 venom that is still at 70. I will likely dump iso into him until I can win it, which sounds like should happen around 130s or so. Wish me luck and will report back afterward.

Post victory report: Leveled him to 123, used g/b% and y/r% boosts. Hoarded yellow and green for a bit. Tried to manage red. Finished him in the end with 128 health left. I got some lucky falls (match 5s) that really saved me. Probably took 5 or 6 tries to win.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 3/2/1 venom did not fair well first time through at lvl 111. Might have been a bad board. I pumped him up to 131 and pulled it off with 463 health left.

I used 100% match damage, +2 All AP, 30% Green/Black Damage.

Got a Starlord (WHO) for my troubles.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was level 86 5/4/2 and used strategy from here. Got crushed early after 2 symbiote scythes. On second try I was successful. Raised him to lvl 142 and was able to take 3 symbiote scythes before unleashing barrage of green and yellow saved up. Got a Red Hulk from the token to add as a champ level.

Venom's black - what's it for anyway? Didn't seem to help here, might have even beefed up Carnage's tiles?
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For record keeping purposes - 4/3/0, I had to pump him to 168, but got it. Barely.

Coincidentally enough, blackflag.pngicon_carnage.png