Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Sam Wilson

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Fully covered since the last run 3 months ago, but still at 170. I've got 4 other 4*s like him. (GR, PX, SL, and Venom) Used to be more, but I've already champed Cyclops, Kingpin, Deadpool, and Iceman.

Previous Runs

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will we see a neutered Captain Marvel or a completely different opponent for this new, easier crash?
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will we see a neutered Captain Marvel or a completely different opponent for this new, easier crash?

Only some crashes were changed to be made easier. It's unlikely that this was one of them.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    SirLanik wrote:

Only some crashes were changed to be made easier. It's unlikely that this was one of them.

From viewtopic.php?f=13&t=51072
    First of all, we looked at how players did for each featured character and made a few missions easier. These characters are Invisible Woman (Classic), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force), Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), X-23 (All-New Wolverine) and Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy).

This was a particularly brutal crash before so I am very glad to see this changed. If it's board dependent even with a champed 4* something needs to be changed and in this case it was.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/1/2 and Level 94 in July.

3/2/5 and level 188, now (though I can level him as high as 209 if needful).

So...probably, since I have 5 red now?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully this one gets easier because it was very difficult vs Cap Marvel. She really was/is the perfect counter to him.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With this being easier and my 172 cap sitting with 4 red I imagine this'll be a fairly easy crash and after a tough Bucky and devil x 2. It'll be nice to have an easy one again.

Wish crashes came round more than once a week. (Know it's five days)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    With this being easier and my 172 cap sitting with 4 red I imagine this'll be a fairly easy crash and after a tough Bucky and devil x 2. It'll be nice to have an easy one again.

If they didn't lower the difficulty in a meaningful way, no, 172 with 4 red won't be "fairly easy".
    It was very hard even with a champed Falcon last time.
    So better hope it really got easier.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

If they didn't lower the difficulty in a meaningful way, no, 172 with 4 red won't be "fairly easy".
    It was very hard even with a champed Falcon last time.
    So better hope it really got easier.

I disagree I couldn't win last time because I was missing yellow for that damage boost but even without it I got Marvel down to 2k health plenty of times. Admittedly a bad board of red for her was game ending because a red power would get fired every turn.

I just played it like venom, don't fire any powers until I can fire twice in succession.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've won with 2/2/4 @ 168, and that wasn't even the lowest on record:
    Level 94, 1/2/5 by CT1888
    Level 145, 4/2/2 by Vhailorx
    Level 152, 2/4/1 by PeterGibbons316
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got a max leveled 5/5/1 (and I've already had to toss three covers for him) so I'm hoping this one will go well. I've got a red cover in his vault, so I've been using up the tokens I had saved for an event like this. 144 of them spent so far, and I haven't got it yet. I did get the random 4-star cover, which was a red Miles Morales, bringing him up to 3/1/4. Not bad, but not the one I was hoping for.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think can win this now if it becomes easy enough
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my 4/3/3 Flapman to 166 now, so I'm really hoping I can get the LT from this.

(I have 100K ISO banked to level him up a bit if needs be.)
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure how much easier this fight is. It's still vs Captain Marvel. She's still LVL 270. She still destroys all of your shield tiles. She only generates 5 red when she takes a lot of damage, so I don't know if that was the ability that was lowered or not. I was able to do a good amount of match damage, but I had to eat one of her Hypersonic Punches to get a strike tile on the board for me. You either need a high red to have a chance in this one, or get a really good board.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    If they made any **** change it was minimal.

Cheap as **** overpowered abilities and a massive health pool still in full effect. What a load of ****.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I boost him to level 192, would a 4/4/1 Flaptain stand a chance?
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Champed Captain Falcon for me; able to manage it first try no boosts.

Don't remember if she was 5/5/5 before, but it appears she is 5/4/4 now (yellow definitely generates 5 red no black; red definitely destroys all protect. Not sure about black).

So maybe easier? After my earlier statement with Jean Grey: I don't think they are getting particularly easier...
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:

My 4/3/3 lvl 180 is getting owned.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Doubt it. My max leveled 5/5/1 was getting smacked around hard.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    1/1/2 and, if I recall, level 94 last time. Didn't happen.

3/2/5 and 188/209 this time, didn't even need boosts (let alone those extra levels). I was doing the first run just to see if I'd need boosts, but once I had yellow out (thanks for having 10 scattered yellow on the board, RNGesus!) and 14 red, that was the whole shootin' match.

That 5 in red makes ALL the difference in this fight. Good gravy.

Token yields icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.png . He's now 4/2/5, which I appreciate.

My 1/0/1 Peggy is probably not getting any action on Saturday. icon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:

If you got a megakitty of red, maybe. I don't know what redflag.png 1 would yield in terms of damage at 192, but I'd guess you'd need at *least* 28 red, and maybe more, over the course of that fight. It'd be a challenge.