Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Professor X

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
So, I champed Carnage and Ghost Rider ahead of their upcoming event buffs. That has dropped down my number of non-champ, fully covered 4*s down to 6. Professor X is one of them, but I really don't see me ever champing him.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Haxis
    Haxis Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I finally got a purpleflag.png for prof X so I expect this to be a breeze
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The last time I got through my 1/1/0 ProfX. He`s 4/4/2 (level 180) now so I guess that this crash will be more manageable. icon_e_wink.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haxis wrote:

Ditto! Can't wait icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Carnage Red hurts invisible prof x.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Haxis wrote:

It's not entirely a breeze, as Carnage will now cast his red even with no targets, hitting the Prof.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Guys, it's not Carnage now. It's Elektra, unless they make yet another change (doubtful).
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wiped 3 times so far, Shadow Step damages an invisible Prof X. I don't remember that being the case last time.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is, in fact, Elektra.

My 4/5/0 Lv145 Professor took her down in two tries. The first try ended in disaster when a cascade gave her enough AP to spam ALL the powers, and matching anything at all allowed her Shadow Step to obliterate me, even invisible.

The second try, I put out an invisibility tile, denied black without any ridiculous cascades aiding her, and once she fed me some strike tiles, I needed about four more match-3's to put her down. I didn't even need a match-5, or any boosts, to get it done.

Whee.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did they change Electra to allow her powers to hit invisible characters? Even going invisible I've been playing keep-away with both her black and her red. If she gets either off my level 130 Prof X is pretty much done, invis or no.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try with my 140 4/3/1 prof x, blue/purple, all boosts and blue/purple 50% damage.

Got lucky with 5 matches available to me, got a Spidergwen for my trouble.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My joy at seeing that this was the matchup today was instantly crushed once I realized that Elektra can still damage Xavier with her powers even when he's invisible. Between this and Enemy of the State's ridiculously high point requirement that I didn't realize I wouldn't hit until about six days in, I'm not in a good mood today.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Invisibility is broken for all characters since last patch.

Any AP power will hit invisible characters so you need to be luckier than usual.
    She fired Shadowstep twice, really thought i had her icon_e_sad.gif
  • wesley
    wesley Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why are Electra 's shadow step and ballet of death going through despite px's invisibility??
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ouch. was not expecting that. Crushed by the Ballet of Death while invisible. Will hold off until d3 is up and awake and see if they fix it (bug or feature?).
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    AOEs I can understand hitting invisible characters. Single hit powers...GGF.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wesley wrote:
    Why are Electra 's shadow step and ballet of death going through despite px's invisibility??
    Because there is no QA in this game.

It took my champed PX 4 tries.
    So tired of things being broken, and not even any official acknowledgements.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This one was ridiculously difficult due to ProfX's broken invisibility. I managed it somehow on my 6th attempt using +20% all match damage, +10% B/P damage and +1 B/P AP. Deny black & red and hope that she casts her purple early. Then ProfX can improve her Strike tiles while being "invisible". With lots of luck I took her down that way.

RNGesus gave me icon_cyclops.pngredflag.png bringing him to 4/5/4. He is ready to champion now! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • 11rileyj
    11rileyj Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Good grief, such lazy programming/QC. Curious it happens before one of the two Clashes where invisibility is critical. Barring a match 5, PX has no damage dealing capability. Between this and Whales! being broken, it's tough to continue supporting this game financially.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    Did her 5th go, 2/1/4 level 152. +2B/P, +50%B/P, +125%crit.

I was pretty lucky with 2 match 5s one after the other early on. She got out a Ballet but matched it away herself after it hitting me once. Fluked quite a few match 4s of blue and purple and took her down just before she was about to use Shadow Step. Adios broken Crash, you won't be missed.

Saving the LT for Strange. Got 2 in the bank now!
  • 11rileyj
    11rileyj Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any chance they re-run this after they patch it? If not, I may need to explore a refund for my VIP through the Play store.