Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Cyclops

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Even though I've won this match before, I am still looking forward to this match, because this'll be my first Crash with one of my newer champs.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can`t wait to try out my newly championed Cyke (in his last appearance in Cycle 3 he was only at 0/1/0 and three month later I have him championed; what an amazing progress!). icon_e_smile.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is probably a silly question, but should I even try with a 0/3/4 at level 147?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like you guys, I'm heheh PSYCHED for this Crash too, now that mine is also championed.
    This is probably a silly question, but should I even try with a 0/3/4 at level 147?

I wouldn't do it (save those boosts and health packs!), because to win with an under-covered Cyclops, you absolutely need red.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    Can`t wait to try out my newly championed Cyke (in his last appearance in Cycle 3 he was only at 0/1/0 and three month later I have him championed; what an amazing progress!). icon_e_smile.gif

Right there with you, pal! I just got 4-star Cyclops champed thanks to Enemy of the State and the Deadpool Daily vault. There were 2 4-star Cyclops covers, and they were both the right colors for my 5/4/2. Spending 170 tokens got me the cover I needed, along with every single Quicksilver and Vision cover in the Vault!
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally, a use for the "+2 Team up AP" boost!
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm pretty much on the same boat as everybody else. I championed mine just a few days ago due to recent run of receiving his covers. Prior to that, I used the newly introduced S.H.I.E.L.D. rank iso8.png & dumped almost half of it on him from lvl70 to lvl229. So yeah, I'm pretty stoked in this crash of the titans.
  • itsmahvelbaby
    Options
    didnt they announce they will RERUN profX titanfight?
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    didnt they announce they will RERUN profX titanfight?

They said it will be both ProfX and Cyclops on the next one. There will be two nodes for the Crash.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it's the next cycle for PX, ~ next Saturday.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got a 3/4/3 star 160 cyke. Hoping that will get the job done as I'm ironically in process of champing my hulkbuster.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    edited November 2016
    Options
    l147 capped 3/5/4, I'll definitely try it this time.
    (obviously, got 3 yellow covers in a row recently)

Got blue cover from 20CPs, levelled to 166, after a couple of tries I made it.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And the recently champed Cyclops did his job this morning! LVL 271 5/3/5 Cyclops took out the Hulkbuster without any boosts. I started the round with a yellow match-5, which is just about as good as you can ask. Hulkbuster got a wonderful blue cascade, which turned into a very nice red cascade for him...which is kind of the whole point of the ability! icon_e_biggrin.gif The reds forced Cyclops to eat a 9K damage Repulsor punch to the face; he replied with a 3K called shot followed by 11K damage from a Combined Forces. That ended it.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First go with my also newly champed, L271 Cyke.

It was a bit of a blur really, but after HB got off black, my Cyke had 23 red, 12 TU, and crushed him.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat it with lvl 125 2/5/5 took 4 tries 50% boost to red/yellow and blue/pink

Didn't think it was possible with only 2 red covers but was able to did with combo of his yellow on the board and firing his red 4 times in a row.

Got a blackflag.pngwasp_icon.png
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1/0/3 Managed to get him to 1k health. Unfortunatelly that's all I got, because in the next tries he just crushed me.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did not expect to beat him, especially on my first attempt, but that's what happened. My Cyke is only 5/1/1. I knew I wasn't going to do anything at level 70 and have the ISO so I pumped him up to 156. It looked like I was going to lose. Both characters were down to not-much-left and I didn't have any favorable matches. I did what I could and then Hulkbuster used his power that makes Strike tiles but damages himself. He KO'd himself! Thank you, Tony Stark. icon_razz.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I did not expect to beat him, especially on my first attempt, but that's what happened. My Cyke is only 5/1/1. I knew I wasn't going to do anything at level 70 and have the ISO so I pumped him up to 156. It looked like I was going to lose. Both characters were down to not-much-left and I didn't have any favorable matches. I did what I could and then Hulkbuster used his power that makes Strike tiles but damages himself. He KO'd himself! Thank you, Tony Stark. icon_razz.gif

That last red cover makes a huge difference. Basically doubles the damage the power does.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: My Cyc was 0/1/4 and had no chance.

This time: Three months and 13(!) covers later, my Cyc, champed and sitting at 275 5/3/5, predictably cruised to a win. I even used +2 Team-Up AP, because when else will I use it? icon_e_biggrin.gif

(No reward yet, as I'm temporarily hoarding LTs until I catch up on ISO a bit.)
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was the easiest crash I've had as cyclops is my only champed four star.

No boosts and victory with only 1000 health lost in match damage. Blue battery for the win ;D
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach's championed Cyclops won second try, no boosts. First time I was complacent and didn't deny black. Got a 4* Wolverine from the token, another champion level.

Wolveroach's level 200 5/3/5 won first try, lots of boosts, taking no chances. Got a Punisher black from the token, which was nice.