Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Nick Fury

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed at 274. Should give me more time to stock up on premium boosts, still haven't recovered from all the ones I had to waste from the Quake crash.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking forward to beating another Crash without boosts with my 284 Fury.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, also looking forward to smashing this without boosts with my newly champed 272 Fury icon_mrgreen.gif
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking forward to this with my lv270 5/5/3 Nick!

...oh wait he's lv131 6/5/2. That final purple eludes me
    My 2/13/4 Nick Fury cries in your general direction. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My level 170 Nick is also looking forward to his debut in 'Crash of the Titans'. Since he's fully covered (5/4/4; I was lucky to pull the final cover five days ago) I don't expect that he'll have difficulties to beat Magneto.
  • willyswim
    willyswim Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My Nick Fury is 5/4/2, I'm guessing my chances are pretty good. Never had a usable Fury for his CoT before.

Update- dumped iso into him to make him a lvl 229 and won on the second try. used P\B and Y\R ap boosts and the P\B dmg boost.
    Got a bluetile.pngicon_warmachine.png
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first crash with a champed character, can't wait to see how it goes.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After pulling it out with a Lv 132 2/4/2 last time, I expect my Lv 180 3/5/4 to manage well enough. It won't matter this cycle for me, but what is the best configuration for Fury in Clash? I'd guess 4/5/4 would be good, but I don't know how much damage 5/5/3 adds to yellow.

On an unrelated note, here's hoping progression in the PVE after The Hulk isn't a blue Fury so I can champ mine before GDBW hits Lv183...
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A far cry from the first run, where my 1/0/1 lvl 74 Fury couldn't do it, I'm sure my level 5/3/5 lvl 127 will handle it like a pro.

EDIT: Nope, had to level him to 166, then he got it done. (barely) Never got enough yellow to use it, won with a lucky blue and two purples finishing the job.

Got a Hot Dog Stand. icon_e_confused.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed L275, 5/5/3 Fury did it first go without any troubles.

Mags got off one red. Fury assembled, escaped, and with Mags at 200HP left, demolished.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cycle 1: 3/1/0. Pain.
    Cycle 2: 3/3/2, 125. Three tries needed. First non-invisible completion of the Crash, if memory serves.
    Cycle 3: Didn't post in the thread, so I don't know what his build was, but according to my spreadsheet he won.
    Cycle 4: 5/5/3, 271. One use of Demolition ruined Magneto's entire day. Mmm.

Token yields icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png to raise her to the ranks of the 12-covers.

12 victories from 15 pins so far this cycle (or 11 from 14 if you exclude the Professor X re-run), but I'm about to hit a dry stretch. Venom is 4/2/1, so he's on the cusp of viability for the Crash. She-Thor has 9 covers. Spider-Gwen has 3, She-Hawkeye has 5. Those are likely failures, absent timely pulls. Hulkbuster recently got his 5th red, so that looks like two probable wins, one maybe, and two losses in the next five. War Machine is a nope, I don't have Wasp yet, and Spider-Woman is a nope. Once we get past Spider-Woman, I should be back into winning territory, as six of the following 8 look doable.

Assuming, of course, that none of Luke Cage, Gwenpool, Blade, Medusa and Agent Venom get inserted into the rotation anywhere in that stretch.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    My level 170 Nick is also looking forward to his debut in 'Crash of the Titans'. Since he's fully covered (5/4/4; I was lucky to pull the final cover five days ago) I don't expect that he'll have difficulties to beat Magneto.
    Fairly easy win for me, I got through on first attempt without using boosts!
    I managed to get the AP for Nick's yellow to unleash its full potential. The following 3 turn stun enabled me to use his purple. That gave me the blue AP to cast Fury's trap tiles. Poor Magneto (he was only able to fire his yellow once) matched one of them away and was knocked down immediately.

LT is stockpiled for Medusa.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 273 Fury here. Just to speed it up even further, I threw on a +2 blue and +2 all. 2 turns in, Demolition dropped Mags to 1200 health. A few purples later, shot to the helmet.

Token yielded: Green 4* Jean, that is her first champ level!
    Token from that yielded: Blue 5* Strange!

Me likey!
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/5/0 lvl 140, no boosts made it on 2nd try. At the beginning I was sad, cause the board was dominated by purpletile.png tiles. If only I had any purpleflag.png ... Been lucky later to accumulate 15 manablue.png pretty fast. When first seven traps fired, it was a matter if I finish him before he fires Polarizing Force or Magnetized Projectiles. Lucky me it was only Coercive Field and I managed to set traps again icon_e_biggrin.gif .
    Rewarded with purpleflag.pngicon_kingpin.png .
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, the Lv180 3/5/4 Fury took care of business on the first try. The token netted me a purple Gwenpool, so she's now on my roster.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cycle 3: After a year of MPQ, my Fury was only 2/1/2 and failed hard.

Now: I've gotten *15* Fury covers since then. But at 133 4/5/4, all AP boosted, still took four tries thanks to low health and bad RNG.

First three tries, board was drowning in red. Second attempt, Mags got off a turn 2 Polarizing Force, and would have done it again on the third attempt had I not resigned in annoyance. Fourth try, I got enough AP to stun him with yellow and then laid down blue traps that killed him.

Reward: blackflag.pngwasp_icon.png already 2/3/5, so 1000 ISO.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time doing this with a champed Fury, but I believe I have beaten all the other runs.

Had an unlucky board on my first try unboosted where I couldn't scrape up AP for any of his powers. Came back with boosts in Blue/Purple AP and his strong colors for damage boost. This time I fired an Escape Plan (that got match-4'ed before resolving) and a Demolition that was immediately matched.

LT was a champ level for Thor, Venom's LT will probably be saved until Agent Venom & Medusa are added.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The AI is a cheating tinykitty and I yelled at my computer screen for a while after Magneto managed to cascade and win when he was almost beaten two times (first try was just a trainwreck), but my level 209 3/4/3 Fury finally won on his fourth try. Received the last Cho cover I needed for him to be fully covered, making him my third four star to reach that milestone.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Poor mags didn't stand a chance, five moves and he blew himself up by matching my trap tiles
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2nd try, no boosts.

1st attempt he just had a board made for him, full of red and team up tiles. I'd match away one red and it would cascade into several matches for him. Then he managed to get his blue and with all that red just knocked me out.

Second attempt was much better but really wasn't that impressed with how a champed 4 star stacks again their opponent.

Won a chulk black...just need one more blue or black to max him.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My 190 5/5/2 Fury made quick work of it. 1st try, no boosts, and a friendly board. Was able to set off avengers assemble with each color at 5 ap, then set up demolition while mags was still stunned. He woke up to set off the trap for an easy win. Gave me a green X-23 bringing her to 5/1/2. Which is basically 1000 iso since my 182 Ragnarok will give me another green. Oh well