Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Iron Man

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Hulkbuster is my highest level champion at 287. This Crash should be significantly easier than the Kate one.

Previous Runs

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Hulkbuster went from a Lv94 1/1/2 to a Lv 180 4/2/4 since the last time it was in Crash of the Titans. It should be manageable this time around. Thank you RNG.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    My Hulkbuster went from a Lv94 1/1/2 to a Lv 180 4/2/4 since the last time it was in Crash of the Titans. It should be manageable this time around. Thank you RNG.

I have no beef with RNG. Loving the characters I've been able to champ (and fully cover several others) within the last 6 months! I was just able to champ Punisher yesterday with 4 extra covers (Galactus rewards and CP pulls).

My HB, though, had been stuck at 1/2/4 for many moons. I've read that people have downed Hulk with less (some with Hulk downing both HB and himself). I'll be needing a really great board to have a shot.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My HB, though, had been stuck at 1/2/4 for many moons. I've read that people have downed Hulk with less (some with Hulk downing both HB and himself).
    If that happens, do you get the Legendary token? I'd never really thought about the self-damaging moves some characters have actually killing themselves. I'm getting WAY too much experience with 3-star Thanos taking out other team members, though. icon_mad.gif

My HB is champed at LVL 277, so this should make up for missing the last one with Kate Bishop.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 168 3/4/5. Feeling confident.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sambrookjm wrote:
    If that happens, do you get the Legendary token? I'd never really thought about the self-damaging moves some characters have actually killing themselves.
    Yes. If the player's team and AI's team are downed in the same action, the player is awarded the victory. It's one thing this game gets right because that's not all too common in the video gaming world.

My champed Hulkbuster should handle this one with ease.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This one should be an easy job for my level 273 Hulkbuster. icon_e_wink.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    According to my spreadsheet, I've never won Hulkbuster's Crash.

What was he in June? I don't know. I don't appear to have posted in that thread. Looking at my "who will be my first cover-maxed 4*" thread, he didn't even have six covers as recently as August, though. As of late September, from that same thread, he was 4/1/3. So he gained 5 covers from Sept 28 to a week or two ago when I made him my 4th 4* champion, and he's gained a minimum of 8 covers since August.

Either way, he went from 'lol nope' to HURRY UP AND GET HERE HULKBUSTER CRASH I WANNA WIN YOU FOR ONCE.

Am I overexcited? I might be overexcited.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As expected: zero boosts, zero perspiration.

Oh, what's that? the token is a Professor X and it's STILL not a yellow cover?

Joy.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try. Cast Blue a few times, 2 Over drives, and blasted him with Red.

Used 60% Match Damage, 2 red ap, and 2 all ap, but honestly didn't really need any of it.

Hulkbuster is 174 3/4/5.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also first try, no boosts.

Could not collect black, but managed to gather plenty of red. One 26 AP Repulsor Punch, down he goes.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    This one should be an easy job for my level 273 Hulkbuster. icon_e_wink.gif
    It wasn't easy at all! Went into the fight without boosts and got a very unfriendly board with lots of green and no red. So the inevitable came to pass: Hulk used his Thunderous Clap, that caused crazy cascades which gave him an absurdly amount of green and red AP. I had only 2.8k health left as I was finally able to use my Overdrive. The following Repulsor Punch (which dealt 15k damage) downed Hulk immediately.

LT yielded :thanos: blackflag.png bringing him to 2/0/0.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My HB has grown up since last time and is a respectable 225. Beat him easily, no boosts.

Token yielded a yellow Ant-Man, putting him at 5/1/4.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No problem whatsoever for champed IMHB. Absorbed two Thunderous Claps while using Hulk-Proof twice to accumulate 30 red. Overdrive + Repulsor Punch FTW.

LT got me a SpiderWoman_icon.PNGblackflag.png bringing her to 2/0/1.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/2 Hulkbuster here, level 170 (was at 160, but added a few levels because... why not? It's Hulkbuster icon_mrgreen.gif). Won on first attempt, used +2red/yellow ap boost and +100% crits just for the heck of it, although I don't really feel it was very much needed.

Without casting overdrive (not much black, and Hulk managed to match black as soon as available too), I waited until I accumulated enough red AP to one-shot hulk into oblivion. He got off his green once, but it didnt hurt *too* much.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed Hulkbuster won first try, despite a board that seemed to be all purple and yellow. Just kept making matches until I had enough red and black to hit the I Win button.

Reward was the same as the last crash: token_legendary.pngpurpleflag.pngicon_blackwidow.png (now 5/1/1)
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is he reasonably beatable at level 168 with 4 4 2?
    Any tips?
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took it with my lv147 2/3/2 HB. Wasn't too easy; tried 3 times without boosts and wiped each time. Made it on the 4th attempt w/ +2 g/b, +2 all, +100% match damage, finishing with about 500 health.

LT gave me a yellow Thing.
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat it with 4 4 2 level 168. My 1st ever Crash win icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Got black Moon Knight
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    174 HB won the first time. Used +2 all colors boost, +2 red & yellow, and 3 of all color damage. Went down to the wire, but an overdrive put him away. Got a purple Miles Morales from the LT.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    undrtaker wrote:
    Is he reasonably beatable at level 168 with 4 4 2?
    Any tips?

Very Reasonable: I just did it with Level 188 4/2/3 without any boosts. First try.