Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Mr. Fantastic

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
This Crash has always been interesting to watch for me, not just because of how uneven the match-up is. He's one of the many characters that I get weirdest cover configurations. First crash, he was at 1/0/2. The next one, he was 1/0/5. Third, he was at 5/0/5. I finally got him to 5/3/5 for the 4th run.

Previous Runs

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a 3/5/5 and then 4/5/5 L110 mrf for a long time. This is still the only crash I have never won. I now have him champed and at 5/3/5 so I am hoping that's enough but even champed I feel it is a crapshoot.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can only hope my 5/2/2 level 185 will be sufficient; if not, well, it won't be the first time I didn't win this clash icon_neutral.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dear Internet,
    My Mr Fantastic is 535 level 115. How high should I level him to have a chance at completing this event without launching my phone off the wall, and how sad will I feel for using all that iso?
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    (dramatic voice) IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS!

I'm 26-0 this cycle, and I expect to win every crash after Mr F's, as I have all the remaining characters either champed or max covered and/or have already beaten their previous Crashes.

This one, however, I had 11 or 12 covers last time at level 133, and never even got a sniff of a victory. I have Stretcho max covered now, but still at 133, so I'm hoping the tweak they supposedly made to his crash is effective enough that I'll have a proper shot at winning and going through this cycle undefeated, which would be a fun personal victory for me.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the first run since the announcement to make some Crashes "easier", if I'm not mistaken. Based on the other ones, that will probably mean a 13 cover Doom rather than a 15 cover doom. I don't know if that's going to help poor MrF very much, but we'll see.

My 4/4/5 should have a better chance than last time, when i only had a 3/2/4 MrF. Extra damage, extra heal, extra stun. And a whole lot of boosts...
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After my first loss with a poorly covered Thing I expect that this crash will be my second loss in Cycle 4 (Mr. F stands at level 131 with a suboptimal 2/3/1 build).
    Even when I´ll add the black cover progression reward from next PVP I don´t think that I´ll stand a chance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed to squeak by a win the first time with a level 188 Reed. Since then he has been championed and managed to beat Doom every time. Shouldn't be too much of a problem this time either.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two months ago I finally caught up to all my cover-maxed 4*s, so my Mr F is now a champion at level 275. I draw more covers of him than anyone other 4*.

I'm not tinykitty kidding. I track this. I've drawn, so far, 38 Mr. Fantastic Covers. If I champed him early, he'd probably be in the high 290s if not over 300. By comparison, my second highest covder draw has been Carnage at 37, Kingpin at 34, then IMHB at 32.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 131 4/4/4.

Not super confident.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon wrote:
    Level 131 4/4/4.

Not super confident.
    Mine is Champed at LVL 270, and I'm not super confident either. This is probably the hardest Crash of them all, given equal level characters. Mr F has no really good offensive powers (Imaginaut can help, but Mr F on his own can't use any of the AP that will generate extra damage from it) and Doom is a beast 1v1. His black gets rid of the blue you need for your stun. His purple is lethal, and his black will quickly end the game.

This from someone who voluntarily uses Mr F in PvE and PvP sometimes... He's a nice support character, but 1v1 is definitely not his strength.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't get all the doom (heh) and gloom. Mr Fantastic is terrible; truly terrible. Worst of his tier. But he can stun, and you can use match damage boosts -- that's all that's needed as long as he's leveled in the 150 range.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/3/5 and level 130 here. I think he's been 130 for a while for me, but he's gained six covers since his last run.

Last time out, he was 3/1/2 and level 130, and took Doom down about 1/3.

I'll consider putting some ISO into him for extra health, but I definitely won't do that before I give it a shot or two vanilla.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want my mr f to beat doom, but I don't know if I have it in me to waste the iso to get him to that level just for one LT. The very definition of an iso sink this battle.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was this crash one of battles that is supposed to be tuned?

Where is that announcement btw
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:

The announcement is here. Easy to find through the "News and Announcements" forum.
    First of all, we looked at how players did for each featured character and made a few missions easier. These characters are Invisible Woman (Classic), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force), Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), X-23 (All-New Wolverine) and Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:

The announcement is here. Easy to find through the "News and Announcements" forum.
    First of all, we looked at how players did for each featured character and made a few missions easier. These characters are Invisible Woman (Classic), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force), Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), X-23 (All-New Wolverine) and Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy).

The X-23 Crash was considered hard?!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:

The X-23 Crash was considered hard?!
    I´m wondering too. I won this one with a 2/2/1 X-23 (my lowest Crash win without Invisibility tiles) and it wasn´t that hard. The Ant-Man Crash against JG is much tougher!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since the Craptain crash wasn't noticeably easier, I wouldn't hold my breath for an easier crash today.
    Assume one fewer cover in a meaningless skill for Doom.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    X-23 was fairly fresh when she had her first Crash fight, so maybe that's why her completion numbers are a bit lower than desired. She got to fight a fully covered opponent unlike Red Hulk...
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Success!!!

L150, 4/4/5, +2 B/G, +100% all, +50% B/G

Got black out early, purple light board. very very luck. Took one diabolical plot mid way through dropping me to 800 HP, but my protect tiles kept me going as Doom matched my countdown and then a protect to boost my health back up.