Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Nova

Options
Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
Never played this Crash. My Nova is level 131 5/1/0, so I'll be in for a rocky match but hoping I'll pull it off. Who is Novas opponent?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time it was 4* Sam Wilson, I assumed it hasn't changed. It's a breeze as long as you have some red covers and can send him Airborne.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Last time it was 4* Sam Wilson, I assumed it hasn't changed. It's a breeze as long as you have some red covers and can send him Airborne.

5 red covers so shouldn't be too hard.

Of course, those could be famous last words.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

5 red covers so shouldn't be too hard.

Of course, those could be famous last words.
    Well, since you don't have any black covers (right now), you'll have to get at least 12 Red to send him airborne (6 to get strike tiles on the board via Takeoff, 6 to send Falcap airborne via Rocket Man). You'll also want to prioritise Yellow, since even one Wings of Liberty will totally blunt your damage done to Falcap
    True dat. I forgot yellow doesn't create strike tiles when Nova is on his own. But as long as you can get the red and yellow AP he shouldn't be a problem.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This Crash is the right thing to make me forget the horrible fight against Dr. Doom.

In Cycle 3 my lvl 147 Nova (4/2/0) didn´t have a hard time beating Captain Falcon. He stands at 5/4/2 (level 200) right now so I exspect another easy win.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So what are my odds of a 0/5/2 winning?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What level is he now? Your roster does not look up to date.
    Also, what levels can you get to with your current Iso?
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    0/5/2 shouldn't have a huge problem. Might need some boosts. I won this 1/2/1 last cycle.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    What level is he now? Your roster does not look up to date.
    Also, what levels can you get to with your current Iso?

127, can easily go to 168 if needed.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Rocketboy is 1/2/3, lvl 115. Is it worth taking him to his softcap of 131 and having a bash? Skipped it last go because I only had 1 cover.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Rocketboy is 1/2/3, lvl 115. Is it worth taking him to his softcap of 131 and having a bash? Skipped it last go because I only had 1 cover.
    I just beat him with a 2/2/3 Nova at LVL 147. All told, my Nova took less than 3K damage; he started with 7701 health, and ended up with around 5000 or so. I used +2 Y/R and, +2 Black, and +50% yellow/red damage. Prioritize matching yellow, since his red is super expensive and doesn't do all that much damage without shields on the board. Just be aware that your yellow ability won't create any strike tiles, since you don't have any allies in the fight.

If you have the ISO, cap him off and give it a shot.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    This Crash is the right thing to make me forget the horrible fight against Dr. Doom.

In Cycle 3 my lvl 147 Nova (4/2/0) didn´t have a hard time beating Captain Falcon. He stands at 5/4/2 (level 200) right now so I exspect another easy win.
    That was really easy! My Nova did it on first attempt without boosts. I got a friendly board which made it easy for me to collect enough yellow & red AP. A Danger Zone, Nova Blast and two Rocket Men later Sam Wilson was downed. Poor Cap didn't even have the chance to use a single power!

LT is stockpiled.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L141, 3/2/4 Nova managed first go, no boosts.

Lots of black, little red. Went smoothly.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/2/4 lvl 140, no boosts. Was not easy, cause I had problems with gathering black to fire Danger Zone. Denying yellow and red until i had 3 strike tiles on board, then "fire at will" all yellows and reds gathered. 1000 ISO as a reward icon_e_sad.gif .
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 185, 3/2/5 Nova here. Added +2 r/y, +2 b/g, +100% damage. Super easy. Didn't even need to take Falcon to space. Just battered him. Still had 7300/9600 hearth.

Reward pull is.....purple Winter Solider. Wish it was a blue, but purple was still needed! Good pull!
  • Bohica666
    Bohica666 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3/4/2 lvl 150, no boosts. Didn't go super easy, but still quite manageable. The token_legendary.png gave me a much wanted/needed icon_quake.pngyellowflag.png, making her a 3/1/5.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First try unboosted at level 172 with 3/2/5. Won a blueflag.pngicon_peggycarter.png
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I didn't remember this one (guess my Nova was undercovered last run) but took my 3/3/4 up to 149 - definitely an arbitrary number...around the point when levels began costing 1K iso8.png - and had no trouble whatsoever with +2 all, +50% r/y, +50% b/g (and I probably didn't even need to use those). One of the easiest crashes, just be sure to prioritize yellow and red, as noted above.

token_legendary.png was a icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png which brought her to 5/3/4.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    got him third time with my 5/3/4 Nova.

First two goes he was 130, but the boards weren't favourable to me, so for third go bumped up to 150. R/Y, B/G and R/Y 50% boosts won it for me and got me a purpleflag.pngThanos_Icon.png taking him to 2/2/2
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Got it on 1st try with 2/0/3 level 127. Used +2 R/Y, +2 B/G and +2 All.

Rewarded with yellowflag.png XForce Wolverine, bringing him to 4/5/4 and now I can champ him.
  • willyswim
    willyswim Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5/0/3 lvl 150 with +2 redtile.pngyellowtile.png ,+2 blacktile.pnggreentile.png and 50% redtile.pngyellowtile.png dmg. Beat it on the 1st try with barely any lose of health. Got a purpletile.pngSpiderWoman_icon.PNG making her 1/1/1.