Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Ant-Man

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Sometime in the last 8 months, I managed to get a yellow cover to put him at 5/5/2. Never have enough iso to champ him though. icon_neutral.gif

Previous Runs

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I won the last one with my 2/5/3 Ant-Man. He stands now at a quite impressive level 281 (5/3/5) so I guess that I should be able to beat Tean Jean again. icon_e_wink.gif
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow 7+ months since the last Ant-Man crash. I guess it has to do with release dates and the rotation reset that happened around October, but how is it that it took 6 months between Mr. F crashes, and over 7 for Scott Lang?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinsensual wrote:
    Wow 7+ months since the last Ant-Man crash. I guess it has to do with release dates and the rotation reset that happened around October, but how is it that it took 6 months between Mr. F crashes, and over 7 for Scott Lang?
    They changed the order for this cycle. I think the X-23 crashes were only a month or so apart.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I look forward to this one, it'll start my run for the next 7 chrashes of characters either being champed or already at chrash ready levels, so I don't have to worry about dumping iso into anyone for a long while.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinsensual wrote:

Yeah they did. It was pretty close to his turn again when they switched to alphabetic order and he got put at the end of the cycle. I remember being super annoyed because at the time he was the 4* significantly covered/leveled and had actually won one of these. At this point I'm beating most of them so in the end it didn't matter lol.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe Ant-Man was the first non-Devil Dino/Howard 4* I ever won the crash with (at worst, he was the second). Last time, he was 3/3/2 Lv 132, so now that he's 4/3/4 Lv 185 it shouldn't be too hard.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Antman was one of only 2 characters I won with on the first cycle (IMHB was the other). Now he is champed and the only one I have failed in this entire cycle is Drax (only 2 covers at the time).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took me 11 tries to win last time around. I'm not going to have the ISO to level him past 140 since I'm trying to champion She-Thor right now, so...we'll have to see.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Took me 11 tries to win last time around. I'm not going to have the ISO to level him past 140 since I'm trying to champion She-Thor right now, so...we'll have to see.
    I Think this was one of the fights that was supposed to get easier this time around. Looking at the Mr Fantastic Crash that may not mean much though.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 4 purpleflag.png /0/0 is not very happy about this fight...
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5/3/4 lvl 209 Ant-Man here. I used +2 R/Y, +2 B/P, +100% damage.

Won on the first try, but not easy. Only 4000 HP left. It's a fast paced battle against Jean. I built up yellow quick while trying to deny all of Grey's colors. Dropped a second go around of yellow, then went on pure defense.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 4 attempts but my 3/3/3 lvl 170 icon_antman.png got the job done with no boosts.

First few attempts the board wasn't falling in my favour all the bluetile.png and purpletile.png kept on falling for her turns. On my second attempt I could of have 3 match 5's really had to break habit to not match them.

On final attempt got good board collected yellowtile.png for 2 ants, ants, ants as well as purpletile.png for a pyms. Saved enough bluetile.png to fire it twice for Grow to finish her off.

token_legendary.png stockpiled until start of next season
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 115 3/2/4 Antman did it second try with 2B/P, 2 All and 50% B/P boosts.

First go Jean lucked into purples despite my attempts to deny, and my ants, ants, ants and Pyms kept landing where they were the only vaild moves.

Second managed to build up all colours, and had lots of strikes before unleashing Grow.

Got my first purpleflag.pngicon_x23.png from the token_legendary.png
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/5/3 level 100. Beat her second try using +2 blue/purple AP, +2 all AP and +50% damage on blue/purple. Got very lucky with a board that was overwhelmingly blue/purple. Since I didn't have to waste turns denying her green, I beat her without her getting close to getting a power off.

Got a yellow Medusa cover.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed 272 ant had no issues, with a green starved board.

Couldn't resist pulling the token because I am weak and lucked into a blueflag.pngdrstrange_icon.png
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2nd attempt with my champed Antman, no boosts.

1st, just an unlucky board full of green and purple where I couldn't stop jean from collecting ap.

Ended up pulling my 5th gwenpool sploits cover.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: I had to level my 2/2/3 Ant-Man from 111 to 133 to get the win.

This time: My lv 133 5/4/4 Ant-Man lost on the first attempt, because Jean fell into purple matches EVERY SINGLE TURN. On turn 5 she hit me with MoM and I was dead in the water.

Second attempt was significantly less nonsensical. Denied purple and green, was eventually able to fire off purple, yellow, and two blues FTW.

Reward: icon_nova.png champ reward, now 274.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I won the last one with my 2/5/3 Ant-Man. He stands now at a quite impressive level 281 (5/3/5) so I guess that I should be able to beat Tean Jean again. icon_e_wink.gif
    I made it on my first try without boosts. The starting board was quite unfriendly with lots of green and purple so JG hit me hard with "Mind Over Matter" and "Full Of Surprises". Luckily I had enough AP to use "Ants! Ants! Ants!" and "Pym Particles" at once which dealt 1k damage per turn. After that I denied purple and green as much as I could and five turns later she was downed.

LT is stockpiled.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Managed to win this with my level 140 2/5/2 icon_antman.png .
    Used +2 all AP, +2 B/P AP, and +50% B/P damage boosts. My purple and yellow didn't do a ton of damage but they helped whittle her down while I denied purple and green. Thankfully, I never "lucked" into a crit, and I saved up enough blue to fire it 2x. With 5 covers, blue's Grow did about 8K damage and took her down. She never got a power off, although she was one match away from both purple and green.

Pulled a icon_wintersoldier.pngredflag.png , he's 2/3/3.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I leveled my 1/5/4 Ant-Man to level 213, as I have a ton of iso and use it for practically nothing since I play super-casually and I thought I'd still have trouble, but I won on my first try. Unfortunately, I pulled a yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png, i.e. one of the only two 4 stars I have fully covered. Typical.