Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Deadpool

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
Will update with links to previous runs later

Managed to beat Wolvie first try with lv120 5/3/2 Xpool, +2 all AP, +50% crit boost, +2 redtile.pngyellowtile.png AP

Denied black and green while looking to collect purple and red. Wolvie never got a single move off; i managed to lay down one Countdown for Wut, but they never activated. Didn't matter, because by that time I'd already gotten 13 Red, which was enough to down Wolvie after prior match damage, which included several match-5s

LT = icon_quake.pngblueflag.png to make her lv272

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had no problems beating this one with my level 276 X-Pool. I denied blacktile.png, collected redtile.png & purpletile.png, one "Out of Bullets" and "Countdown for What" later X-Wolvie was downed. LT is still stockpiled.

Previous runs:
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 278 4/4/5 X-Pool managed easily, got a blackflag.pngThanos_Icon.png for my troubles, taking him to 3/2/2
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've got a level 70, 3/2/5 and I'm wondering if it's worth putting ISO into him. Seems like it'll be a tough fight either way if I'm low on red.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/3/3, 188. First try, no boosts. I got two purples out, and Wolvie helpfully kept tripping over them, and used my red once. Wolvie only got his green off once, and died with his yellow about to resolve.

Sam Wilson blue with the token. That's his 13th cover.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time (June): won on my 6th try with 4/1/3 133 XFDP.

This time: champed now, so this was a cakewalk. Mildly denied green and black, fired off one purple then one red to finish the match at full health.

This can be a tricky Crash because there are so many colors to juggle. You want red and purple, you're denying black and green, even XFW's yellow can be annoying if he gets it off. An interesting first Crash for the new DDQ, as you have 5 days to chase a friendly board.

Reward: icon_ghostrider.png champ level.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    278 5/3/5.

Logan got destroyed.

Got a redflag.pngicon_blade.png

He's now 2/4/2
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sluggo wrote:
    This can be a tricky Crash because there are so many colors to juggle. You want red and purple, you're denying black and green, even XFW's yellow can be annoying if he gets it off. An interesting first Crash for the new DDQ, as you have 5 days to chase a friendly board.
    This was indeed surprisingly tricky with my 4/3/4 level 195 XPool. I figured I could do it unboosted, which I did, but it took five tries. It's easy to forget that Surgical Strike is actually cheaper than Out of Bullets, and will often do more damage (especially if you don't have red at 5 covers). Also, in my first attempt I didn't realize how much health Recovery will restore if the CD resolves. Green's not a huge problem except for the board shake that always seems to give him more black and yellow.

Winning required all-out denial of black and some patience in using red and purple to ensure that I could take him all the way out before he could get another yellow off. LT stockpiled due to ISO shortage.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wolverine killed me twice before I got enough red AP for Out of Bullets.
    Stockpiled the token.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Respec'ed my level 275 Deadpool to 5/3/5 for the Crash.

Used OOB to take Wolvie aaaaaaaalmost all the way down. Made a purple match to set myself up for CfW.

Wolvie made a match-3 that turned into a critical cascade, allowing him to keep going and OH LOOK HE NOW HAS GREEN AND BLACK READY TO FIRE

bye wade

Destroyed him the second time around. icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.png was my reward. Brings him to 12 covers.
  • pmoney82
    pmoney82 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My X-Force Deadpool is 2/2/2 level 127, so this one took me about 8-10 tries before i got lucky enough to pull it off. I used +2 all AP, +50% R/Y, +50% B/G as my boosts. I was able to get him to pretty low health on the first few tries but his Recovery was healing him back to full HP, so i learned that denying yellow was essential. Also, i didn't have enough health to survive matching it or surviving even one Surgical Strike, so this was all about luck and color denial. Eventually I got it done after some match-5's, 2 Countdown for Whats, and 2 Out of Bullets.

Reward for my troubles was...

yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png ! Brought him up to 1/1/2 and level 94.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat him with a 3/3/2 168 xfdp.. took 3 goes and used extra match damage on red and all for the last effort, took a green hit but slashed him up his black pretty much one shotted me the first 2 tries :/blueflag.png riri from the token
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat him with 5/2/2 icon_deadpool.png @ lvl 115. Used +2 all AP, +2 redtile.pngyellowtile.png.

Denied blacktile.png, used purpletile.png a couple times which whittled him down to ~5k hps left, then used redtile.png on him to finish him off.

Banked my token for now.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took Wolvie out first try with a champed Deadpool. It was quite the battle, though. Each character got all of their powers off at least once. His Surgical Strike did about 8K damage, but fortunately Deadpool healed up the turn before with Out of Bullets. Wolvie's Recovery brought him back to nearly full health, and then he destroyed 4 Countdown for What tiles with an X-Force. Eventually, Deadpool won out with about 1200 health left.

Token got me a Yellow Strange, bringing him to 2/1/3.
  • BGon
    BGon Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I won on my second attempt with no boosts and a 3/2/0 level 127 XFDP. Wolvie's yellow CD was one turn from going off, though.

Got a black Ghost Rider.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zero difficulty whatsoever (no boosts) for my LVL 273 champed XFDP - token_legendary.png was a badly needed icon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.png to take him to 4/4/5 just in time to champ with the the purpleflag.png cover in the queue...
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    BGon wrote:
    I won on my second attempt with no boosts and a 3/2/0 level 127 XFDP. Wolvie's yellow CD was one turn from going off, though.

Got a black Ghost Rider.

Almost the same here. 3rd try, 3/2/0 level 120. Yellow one turn away from going off but I got a couple of lucky match 5s and managed to squeak one out.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 5 tries with my LVL 127 3/0/2 icon_deadpool.png with +2 stockpile, +50% power greentile.png / blacktile.png and + 100% power all dinner.

Denied greentile.png and blacktile.png while collecting redtile.png and purpletile.png. Got 2 purpleflag.png off and matched most of them away amd fired redflag.png once. He had gathered enough for blackflag.png on his next move but luckley he was down to less than 300 health and I got a cascaded to finish him.
    token_legendary.png gave me icon_x23.pnggreenflag.png which doesn't help my 5/2/0 icon_x23.png
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    TeamStewie wrote:
    BGon wrote:

Got a black Ghost Rider.

Almost the same here. 3rd try, 3/2/0 level 120. Yellow one turn away from going off but I got a couple of lucky match 5s and managed to squeak one out.

I wish I had the luck of you pair... 3/2/1 level 131 and I lost count of number of tries where I lost to his incredible knack for cascades and cheap board shuffles. Eventually took him down when I got lucky with several countdown resolves.

Got a blue Quake to bring her to 11 covers, so worth the hassle.
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My 3 3 1 level 152 DP doesn't come close
    Impossible to get enough red and Purple while also denying Wolverine his colors icon_e_sad.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    undrtaker wrote:
    My 3 3 1 level 152 DP doesn't come close
    Impossible to get enough red and Purple while also denying Wolverine his colors icon_e_sad.gif
    If you only have 1 purple cover, it probably isn't going to help you win the match. You're much better off ignoring purple. Just focus on denying black and yellow. Green isn't going to do a lot of damage, and it may even help you collect more red AP if it shakes the board well enough. Black is going to starve the board of red, which is basically your only damage skill.