Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Elektra

Options
Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
Level 142 3/5/5 I got it on the second try. First time I was testing the waters to form a game plan. Pretty simple. Second round I boosted to 60% Match Damage and +2 red and +2 black ap. Focus on red and black matches while matching purple occasionally as well. Fire red and black and Blade should be downed soon enough.

Got my 13th IMHB cover AT LONG LAST and now I can finally champ and spec him. He's 3/5/5 now.

Comments

• Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Something weird just happened....

Playing vs Bade and getting rekt because can't get the AP I need (thank you RNG) while red is scattered safely yet I high numbers around the board.

Whatever. Down to 14hp when it's my turn and I FINALLY have enough black to drop shadow step.
    Put it down. Get a good safe spread.

Make my move. RNG rears its head gifting Blade a match-4 of black that he can use to get off Nightstalker.

It's ok I think; I have my 3 Steps out. They'll keep me alive.

Blade matches the match-4, I take 14hp damage and lose the round. What....

Ok maybe a power was changed and I forgot. Check my rostered Elektra (3/3/3).

"If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated..."
    Cue flashbacks to the "invisibility is really just you sitting with hands over your eyes saying 'You can't see me' bug" from the ProfX vs Elektra Titans match.

Any explanations are appreciated.

*update*
    Everything works normal the next round. Wth???
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw Shadow Step taking damage too. Does it have to do with Blade making a black match that includes one of the traps?
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Took 2 tries for my 5/5/3 lvl 140 Elektra using +2 red, +2 purple and +2 all. Like some have said, Shadow Step was taking damage.

Rewarded with a 5 star.pngblackflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First two attempts went horribly. Got him on my third try with a 2/5/5 level 100 Elektra. Reward was:

icon_nova.pngblackflag.png
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Insert25c wrote:
    *update*
    Exact same thing happened to me. The first round I lost because I was taking damage with Shadow Step traps out. The next attempt, they were working fine.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/3/2 level 131 took half a dozen tries and a miracle opening turn with extremely favorable color drops throughout the battle. Likelihood of repeating this next time without more covers is next to 0. redflag.pngicon_miles.png to 0/3/4, could have really used a purpleflag.png
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took me nine attempts to beat Blade with my 5/3/5 (level 172) Elektra. It was a really tough fight since Elektra is a trash character and Blade always benefitted from heavy-red starting boards. Finally I was lucky to use two "Ballet of Death" which Blade couldn´t match away - he was downed five turns later.

LT is stockpiled.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It speaks to Elektra's ungoodness (and my apparent wealth of ISO when I had covers for her queued) that my LVL 271 version actually took three tries (no boosts) to win the matchup...since all her powers are passive/reactive, she's VERY board dependent...

LT was a Eddie Brock blackflag.png - I now have three of his covers queued but need about 300K ISO to champ (even though I don't really want to)...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've won this Crash at least once before, and I was 2/2/2, level 127 when I did.

Leveled to 140 this time around, and am 4/4/3...and 6 tries in I'm getting wrecked every time.

And, yes, Shadow Step isn't working for my Elektra, either. Imagine the FUN and the JOY when you deploy two uses of it and then watch her get cascaded to death despite having a board full of Shadow Step.

Which I think is why I won last time and am getting wrecked this time - Shadow Step ain't workin' predictably.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From reports in the bug forum, it looks like you will still take damage after you use Shadow Step if Blade has managed to put out strike tiles. I believe it is reducing the normal damage, but anything applied from strike tiles gets through. Haven't been able to play and test this for myself yet, though.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it 2nd try with my lvl 188 3/5/5 Elektra. Wasn’t event able to get off her black, but did get her red off twice and 1 purple the 3nd time, but even then, his purple would have gotten my with one more turn.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 1 go with no boosts with my 3/5/4 lvl 140 icon_elektra.png collected redtile.png and blacktile.png while also denying: green:. Got 2 ballets of early which did a lot of damage, also got one blackflag.png off. icon_blade.png did manage to fire off two of his purpleflag.png but was able to match them away quickly. Finished him off with a 3rd redflag.png out

token_legendary.png have me icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png taking him to 4/3/1
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took 5 tries with a Lv190 5/3/1 Elektra with all damage boosted 100% and G/B & B/P boosted 50%. I'm a little surprised I won at all, as it took an extremely lucky board and a total denial of both purple and black to prevent him firing off any powers. Even with that, I was down to under 500 health.

The token_legendary.png gave me redflag.pngicon_drax.png, bringing him to 4/2/3.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: won on fourth try with 133 3/2/5 Elektra.
    This time: won on second try with 133 3/5/5 Elektra.

Pretty straightforward fight, needing a little luck at lower levels. Collect/deny red/black/purple, try to time purple so it steals some of Blade's strike tiles, use black to hide when Blade's damage ramps up.

First attempt, had a terrible board where there were strike tiles everywhere yet I couldn't match any red. Second attempt didn't have a great board, either, but managed to fire off purple/red/black in succession and win with a little health left.

Reward: icon_ghostrider.png champ level.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First attempt 3-5-5 level 152, no boosts. Easier battle than I remember from the last time.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    It speaks to Elektra's ungoodness (and my apparent wealth of ISO when I had covers for her queued) that my LVL 271 version actually took three tries (no boosts) to win the matchup...since all her powers are passive/reactive, she's VERY board dependent...

LT was a Eddie Brock blackflag.png - I now have three of his covers queued but need about 300K ISO to champ (even though I don't really want to)...

Right there with you. Took my 6 tries (no boosts) with my 272 champed Electra.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally got it on the tenth try, but I had to use 10 each of yellow/red and blue/purple boosts along the way, two +1 all boosts, ten +blue/purple damage boosts, ten green/black damage boosts, and 15 all damage boosts.

The winning effort, all I was using was +2 each of the yellow/red and blue/purple AP boosts, so that adds up to 53 wasted boosts, if my math is right.

icon_spidergwen.pngyellowflag.png for my trouble.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it first try with my champed Elektra with no boosts. I went with a 5/5/3 build, in anticipation of Blade getting a lot of red strike tiles. That didn't happen... I saved the Shadow Step for the turn before he cast his Nightstalker. I ended up winning with about 3K health.

Legendary token gave me... redflag.pngicon_elektra.png

which kicked her up to LVL 273.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Insert25c wrote:
    *update*
    Exact same thing happened to me. The first round I lost because I was taking damage with Shadow Step traps out. The next attempt, they were working fine.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seemed like mine was broken only when Blade had strike tiles on the board. Like they were still getting through when the match damage wasn't.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reecoh wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Insert25c wrote:
    *update*

I'm not 100% sure, but it seemed like mine was broken only when Blade had strike tiles on the board. Like they were still getting through when the match damage wasn't.

I tried Elektra in one of the fights in the Deadpool event, and her Shadow Step is different now after the update. I still had it preventing damage, but the black tile stays in place. That gets rid of the cascades that can result in Elektra taking LOTS of extra damage.