Crash of the Titans: Wolverine vs Cyclops

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
3/5/5 lv271 Wolvie got it done first time, no boosts. Prioritised red before black and yellow. Cyke got off a Mutant Revolutionary to fuel Wolvie's Surgical Strike, and then downed himself by matching away my Recovery tile

LT = GwenpoolIcon.PNGpurpleflag.png to put her at 4/3/3

Comments

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    easy with the same level and setup wolverine. went after black, he kept getting nice cascades to match away blacks. got off optic blast and mutant revolutionary but once I used surgical strike, he was about downed.

LT gave me blackflag.pngThanos_Icon.png bringing him to 1/0/1
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4/5/2 lvl 152. Gathered as much black as I could and let him get yellow. Tried to not leave any red close to tu tiles. Waited until he fired mutant revolutionary and I fired my black. Almost downed him in one shot. The rest was easy peasy

Edit: riri green and NO BH boooo and double boooo
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/3/1 lvl 172, expecting an easy go of this, but wow, XFW's health and damage output is terribly pathetic. Tried a handful of times with various boosts and got nowhere, ended up just running unboosted more times than I bothered to count and finally hit a favorable board.

yellowflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngicon_blackpanther.png

At least these tough fights are paying dividends.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    XFW is terrible. Lost two times with a champed version, decidedly. Wasn't even a contest as Cyclops just fueled him with red and cascades. Finally beat him on the 3rd try when I boosted b/g and all colors.

Seriously needs a character rework. And how does Cyclops have more health than fricking Wolverine.

Finally got a medusa for my effort, but was hoping for Kate or MK before they get vaulted.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was an easy win for my 5/5/3 (level 281) X-Wolvie! I collected black first, waited till Cyclops used his yellow, then used my Surgical Strike - game over for Cyclops.

LT is stockpiled.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some seriously lucky cascades for the computer kept this closer than it should have been for a lvl 302 XFW, ended up with yet another Spiderwoman cover as that seems to be my latest one to be locked into a streak since vaulting, following after Gwenpool and the Wasp.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/3/3, level 168 XFW got roasted first try, unboosted, as all the red and black fell to Scott and there was no yellow.

second attempt, equipped +2 all, +2 b/g, +100% damage. finished him with my 2nd SS just as he got enough black for a full blast. 1314 health left, soooo...

icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png from the token.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: started at level 133 5/2/5, leveled to 165, took 15 attempts to get the win.

This time: 165 5/3/5, took 8 attempts to beat him. Finished cycle 4 with a perfect 36 wins! icon_e_biggrin.gif

This is one of the more challenging matchups, partially because of XFW's low health, and partially because his (black) nuke takes so long to build up. This gives Cyc too much time to stumble into black and red, and when you factor in his cheap yellow creating cascades and red out of TUs, a lot of matches spiral out of control fast.

I eventually got a board where I was able to build black quickly, and when Cyc fired his yellow, that loaded up the board with red for XFW to nuke for max points. I was also able to fire XFW's yellow once for a 3k heal, which bought me enough time to get the win.

Reward: purpleflag.pngmordo_icon.PNG (now 2/4/4)
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    level 229 3/5/3 - Lost first game unboosted.
    Boosted 2+ G/B 2+ All + 100%, won easily. Good board though.

Won GwenpoolIcon.PNGblackflag.png FFS
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    This took no less than 12 tries :/

168 2/3/3.. really had to rely on board luck and damage boosts.

Matched black, kept yellows out when i got to around 4k health so i could take an optic blast, if full blast was ready i'd pop my black and clear reds so i could survive and heal from the near expired cd... this was ruthless for me but my token rewarded me greatly.

1 5* icon_blackpanther.png with a bonus 5* icon_blackwidow.png i'll take that for 12+ health packs lol
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Won first go with my 3/2/3 level 168 Wolverine (no boosts) - had a pretty amazing board, I had about 1000 health left and Cyclops had 14 blackflag.png so was about to blast me into next week when some lucky cascades got me over the line.

Scored a Thanos_Icon.pnggreenflag.png for my troubles in my second Crash win ever!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first crash with a champed 4*!
    Didn't have any difficulties with my 3/5/5 XFW. Finished at 100% health as well due to a yellow popping in the last turn. Really favourable board as well, Cyke never got a power off.
  • Twl7569
    Twl7569 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1st Crash of the Titans success! 5/3/1 - took 5 tries, finally used 100% boost, an (ancient) 20% boost vs. XMen, and +2 gb.
    Token gave me blackflag.pngSpiderWoman_icon.PNG and a bonus blackflag.pngicon_lukecage.png
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 204 4/5/4. Took like 4 tries.

Got dominated the first 2 times. 3rd try I lost and Scott had 38 health left.

4th time I got lucky cascades that gave me plenty of green and black. Scott fired MR, then I used SS, fired an X-Force, collected green and fired another X-Force.

LT gave me a red Peggy! Woohoo!

Good thing my Peggy is 5/2/1 otherwise I might very actually had some use for it.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not so easy victory with my champed Wolverine since almost lost (Cyclops depleted his health to 500) but then got health boost just in time and launched black move. Still first try though.

Token yielded Riri_Icon.pnggreentile.png
  • icarusmonkey
    icarusmonkey Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This one was easier than I expected. I went in with my 2/5/4 level 229 Wolvie, unboosted, just for kicks. (I figured I have 5 days to complete it, right?) Focused on black. Cyke got in one Mutant Revolutionary which gave him two 5-matches and an Optic Blast - I thought it was over. But then I fired Surgical Strike and did 10K+ damage icon_eek.gif Finished him off shortly after that.

I should really be stockpiling my LTs, seeing as how my chances of getting someone I don't have space for have increased greatly. In the end, temptation got the better of me and I pulled a Riri_Icon.pnggreenflag.png , which, lo and behold, I don't have space for.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thumped him pretty good on the first try. I also have a 2/5/4 XFW, mine is level 195. I think I used +50% match damage and +2 G/B AP.
    Surgical Strike really ramps up in power at five covers, so I felt like I had a shot to win even after he hit me with his yellow->red combo. Sure enough, I was able to nuke him before he was able to fire Full Blast.
    Got an unusable Agent icon_venom.pngredflag.pngicon_cry.gif
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My first ever crash victory! Wolvy is my only half usable 4 star, level 131 and 1-3-3. Took at least ten goes, got really lucky with the board and boosts but scraped home

Second black Carol as a reward too