Crash of the Titans Cycle 5: X-23

Options
Black Duke
Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
The beginning of Cycle 5! My 5/4/4 (level 200) X-23 had an easy time against Elektra since I had a starting board with lots of green. I waited until I had nine red AP and finished Elektra off with 3x Berserker Fury's in a row.

Previous runs:
    -
Cycle 1 (2015-12-24)
- Cycle 2 (2016-04-07)
- Cycle 3 (2016-08-20)
- Cycle 4 (2016-09-24)

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Level 271 5/4/4 - No boosts (lol, like you would need them)

At some point in the game I found myself thinking, Oh, maybe I should try. Was killing her with match damage alone and was still at full points, a couple bezerker fury's put her out of her misery.

got icon_blade.pngredflag.png not bad.
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Struggling with lvl 115 1/1/3

Can someone please explain how shadow step works? Because apparently it's now how it reads.
    Elektra creates 4 trap tiles on black that (when damage is dealt to her) negate that hit, generate black AP (amount not listed), and deal damage (600ish)

Scenario: E uses SS with only 4 black tiles on the board. 3 of which are within 2 moves of being matched away. I make first move to set up that match. (First trap removed -part of upcoming match3. 3 traps remaining)
    Next turn I match the 3 black which should match away 2 of the 3 remaining traps and the final trap being used to negate that matches damage.
    Next turn match again only for damage to be blocked by SS again.
    ****. Why was there still a trap out there? CoT is already full of RNG shenanigans and random glitches that make the match even harder than necessary. Now we're getting some the the most nonsense interpretations of the rules since Plessy vs. Fergusson.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    My lvl 90 2/1/0 is not even getting close to winning. X-23 has been one of those characters where I can't seem to get any covers.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Very easy with my 5/2/4 lv 188 X-23. Still had over 7000 hp when Elektra went down.

LT gave me purpleflag.png Coulson bringing him to 1/4/1
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Insert25c wrote:
    Struggling with lvl 115 1/1/3

Can someone please explain how shadow step works? Because apparently it's now how it reads.
    Elektra creates 4 trap tiles on black that (when damage is dealt to her) negate that hit, generate black AP (amount not listed), and deal damage (600ish)

Scenario: E uses SS with only 4 black tiles on the board. 3 of which are within 2 moves of being matched away. I make first move to set up that match. (First trap removed -part of upcoming match3. 3 traps remaining)
    Next turn I match the 3 black which should match away 2 of the 3 remaining traps and the final trap being used to negate that matches damage.
    Next turn match again only for damage to be blocked by SS again.
    ****. Why was there still a trap out there? CoT is already full of RNG shenanigans and random glitches that make the match even harder than necessary. Now we're getting some the the most nonsense interpretations of the rules since Plessy vs. Fergusson.

It's that second match. The traps negate damage even if they're part of the match or cascade that would cause the damage.
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Managed on 6th try with LVL 131 3-1-2 since I used upp all Boosts prior I onlu had +2 G/B AP and +2B/P AP

got a great board saved upp 24 green after 2crits on green got one purple match on trap from Electra won it with +4K HP left, first 5 tryes not even close!

Guess you gotta have some luck on this one,

Reward was 5* Doctor Strange (Blue cover) to get him to 3-0-1 no bonus icon_e_sad.gif but hey can´t get it all icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/3/1, level 115 last time (victorious); 4/5/2, level 135 this time. Also victorious. Used damage boosts last time. Didn't need any boosts this time.

icon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.png from the token. Also opened a classic after defeating the Behemoth Burrito. icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png . Once I get her progression cover in the next event, she'll be at 5 red.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/2/2 127 no boosts, first try. Was nice to have an easy matchup for a change. Had to deal with 1 shadowstep (painful) and 2 ballets (not as bad as I remember), so it was a close battle. If my traps weren't tucked away, would have been a runaway win.

blueflag.pngRiri_Icon.png
    icon_mad.gif
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was unexpectedly easy for my 4/1/0 lv131 X-23. Attempted it without boosts on a lark to gauge how feasible it would be. Elektra got her red off once, but it was destroyed shortly thereafter in a series of helpful cascades. Between the cascades & Savage Healing, wrapped it up at nearly full health. LT banked for now.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it on the fourth try with no boosts and a Lv200 4/3/4 X-23 after a few red/black heavy boards combined with frankly poor play on my part in the first few tries. The legendary token gave me redflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngicon_blackpanther.png. I now have every 5* except Hawkeye, although none of them have more than 5 covers.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the first time I've been able to complete this Crash. I think getting my first red cover for her a while ago made a big difference. Level 152, 5/1/0. I went in with + 2 red/Yellow, +2 green/black and managed it on my first attempt. Elektra managed to launch red, but luckily for me immediately matched her own trap tile. She fired purple a second time, but by then it was too late. I lucked out and after she made an early black match five she couldn't manage another black match, and remained stuck at 9 black AP for the duration of the match.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 172 5/1/5 and it was easier than I thought. Worked on collecting Green and Purple while denying Black. She fired her Double Double Cross and the strikes caused my Purple to cost less so I fired it and it landed on a Purple match 4. I let her take it and she got nuked for 9k damage! Cleaned up with Holding Back and she was dead. Had like 85% health left.

LT gave me purpleflag.pngmordo_icon.PNG . He's 2/3/2 now.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/5/3 level 90 X-23 got it done, 5th try. Used 2 B/P and 2 B/G boosts.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What do you think my chances are with a 5/0/0 X-23? (level 147)

Seems like it should be do-able?
  • Mercalla
    Mercalla Posts: 94
    Options
    Diarchos wrote:
    Managed on 6th try with LVL 131 3-1-2 since I used upp all Boosts prior I onlu had +2 G/B AP and +2B/P AP

got a great board saved upp 24 green after 2crits on green got one purple match on trap from Electra won it with +4K HP left, first 5 tryes not even close!

Guess you gotta have some luck on this one,

Reward was 5* Doctor Strange (Blue cover) to get him to 3-0-1 no bonus icon_e_sad.gif but hey can´t get it all icon_e_smile.gif

Funny, my LT gave me the exact same thing, Blue Strange.

Also, for the thread, beat Elektra with a lvl 151 3/4/4.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Back in Cycle 2, this was one of the first Crashes I ever beat, with a 1/2/3 X-23 at level 101.

She's been champed for a while now, so this was a cakewalk, even though Elektra fired off Shadow Step repeatedly and took zero damage for like 12 moves in a row. At 5/5/3, I just built up green and red and kept healing, and eventually fired off green a few times for the win.

Reward: SpiderWoman_icon.PNG - aka 1000 ISO. I swear this is about the 10th SpW I've pulled since BH/vaulting went into effect.

I went 36-0 in Cycle 4, which felt like a major victory for me in terms of roster progression. Hoping to repeat the feat in Cycle 5.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What do you think my chances are with a 5/0/0 X-23? (level 147)
    Seems like it should be do-able?

I wish you good luck, as that was my cover distribution and level the last time the Crash rolled around and I couldn't do it. Granted, I didn't spend a lot of time on it - maybe a half dozen attempts - but the match damage just wore me down without any healing. I'd suggest boosting red and green and (of course) not firing green until you can have enough red to make her skill swap. Let us know if you pull it off!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 5/1/5 level 160 X-23 pulled it off without any boosts on her first try. It was close, though.

After I had collected enough purple for X23's trap tile (which would take away about 80-90% of Elektra's health pool, if she matched it), I fired it and it ended up in a matchable spot, too! It was just about the only purple match on the board too, so I decided to leave it out for the AI to match. However, Elektra first proceeded matching more red and black, and skyfalled into enough black just in time for her to fire her Shadow step BEFORE she matched my trap tile...... icon_mad.gif

Never gathered enough purple after that to fire the trap another time, so in the end I killed Elektra with match damage and her green power. She fired Ballet of Death once, but I could match it away immediately.

Stockpiled the token.
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    My x-23 at 2/3/0, lvl 127 at first attempt. Boosts to match damage +50%: green/black and red/yellow and +2 green/black ap to start

I managed to activate Holding Back as soon as I got 9 red ap, before that Elektra threw a double-double cross 1 time. Then I was a bit lucky with green and some cascades, because all she could throw at me is a Double double cross x2. No traps, no ballet (she didn't get a chance to gain red and there was almost no black on the board).
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just won with my lvl 111 2/2/1, using no boosts. I guess it was a good board. Denied black and red a bunch, gathered a little purple when I could. She let off Double-Double-Cross which helped me and I kept denying and healing with red. She dropped her Shadow Step eventually, but I had already whooped her with three greens in a row (having 9 red for the power switch) and then I avoided using any big powers because of Shadow Step and just matched her to death, all the while healing.

Opened the LT I got for a 5* Black Panther yellow, bringing him to 1/1/1. Hooray!

If you care, I tried yesterday with her at the same level and used a lot of boosts and lost pretty badly, haha.