Crash of the Titans: Jean Grey vs Moonstone

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
This is a toughie, even with a lv272 Jean. Took me three tries with +2 all AP boosts and +50% crit boosts

You have to deny red and black, and that's even before trying to collect green and purple for yourself. And you need to use green to avoid taking damage from Moonstone's purple. And you need to have 10 purple AP stocked to get rid of the tiles Moony steals with her black

LT = icon_agentcoulson_tiny.pngblueflag.png to make him 1/2/2

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even though this crash was nasty as always, my level 277 JG made it on first attempt. I didn´t try to deny black or red, I collected as much as possible purple & green AP instead. Moonstone hit me hard with a Photonic Blast (which dealt 6k damage) but I finished her off with one "Full Of Surprises" and 2x "Mind Over Matter".
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was a bit close, but I did so without any boosts.

Level 270 Championed Jean.

Did not deny any colours, unless that was the only thing to choose. The match 5 moonstone made helped with the two turn freeze.

And what did I get. My 7th GwenpoolIcon.PNGgreenflag.png !!!! ffs.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    took 4 tries with lv 229 4/5/2 Jean. used 100% all damage/+2b-p/+2 g-b. finally got full of surprises so used that and mind over matter. then matched purple again to down her with another mind over matter. had about 1000 health left

LT gave yellowflag.pngicon_lukecage.png which is his 6th. Hopefully I can get one more black or red before that expires so I can champ him
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/3/3 not even worth trying.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I champed Jean today, but had previously won this before with her at 180 5/5/1. Beat it first try. Denied as much of her three colours but was hit once with her red for just over 1k, so I was lucky.

Got peggy blue, maxing her which is where my ISO will be going next..
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2nd attempt 271 Jean no boosts.

First round was tough with a bad board and fired off green too soon where moonstone could control shift me. Second round I waited to I had collected a bit more green and denied red along the way.

Panther yellow was my reward.
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Xzasxz wrote:
    1/3/3 not even worth trying.

Stepped into the ring with a 2/4/1 JG, just to see how quickly she'd be brushed aside. It was brutal stuff.

Boosted dark avengers are a joke.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 270 5/3/5 and it wasn't actually hard. Was hoarding ap until I was able to double cast green then purple. Had about 5k health left but never really felt like I was in trouble.

token_legendary.png gave me blackflag.pngmordo_icon.PNG

So he's now 3/4/2.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2nd try, no boosts. Board was seriously red-heavy on my first run, which put me on the defensive right away with no purple or green to match. By the end of the match I still hadn't collected enough purple for one use, let alone enough green for two.

Second match went to script.

wasp_icon.pngblackflag.png
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only 7 covers on my Jean, none in blue. 18,000 Moonstone health to chew through with my attacks dealing <2K each.

I see no path to victory for me on this one. Tried twice, not even close. Probably won't bother again barring a lucky vault pull.
  • DarkDestiny13
    DarkDestiny13 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took 6 or 7 tries, but I got her with my 0/1/5 Jean.

My 5/1/8 icon_peggycarter.png started to cry when she got another blueflag.png afterwards.
  • icarusmonkey
    icarusmonkey Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Managed this on my first attempt with a 2/4/4 lvl 209 TeenJean. Boosts were +50% B/P, +50% G/B, +2 all colors.

My advice would be to ignore black and keep an eye on how much Purple and Red she has. Deny red when possible (you should be hoarding purple anyway) and if she is about to fire purple, then fire your green. I was fairly lucky that she kept matching the tiles she stole, but I always had a purple handy if necessary. She had one match-5.

I'm going to save my LT until I gather some more HP. (Learned my lesson from last time!)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took 6-7 tries for my Lv200 5/3/2 Jean with +2 all AP and B/P & G/B +50% damage. Satisfying after all the problems my Iceman had last round.

The token_legendary.png gave me purpleflag.pngGwenpoolIcon.PNG making her 5/2/0.

...times like this I wish there was a way to trade covers. My Gwen would love a couple greens.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy Moly that was a tough crash! This was the first time I've ever been able to complete this one. My Jean is 3/3/3 and level 188. With barely half of Moonstone's HP it was a real struggle. I managed to win on my fifth try, with TWO HP remaining. On all but one of my first four attempts I didn't manage to even bring her to below 10,000.

When I won I was boosting the following:
    +50% green/black match damage
    +50% blue/purple match damage
    +40% match damage
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    It took 6-7 tries for my Lv200 5/3/2 Jean with +2 all AP and B/P & G/B +50% damage. Satisfying after all the problems my Iceman had last round.

The token_legendary.png gave me purpleflag.pngGwenpoolIcon.PNG making her 5/2/0.

...times like this I wish there was a way to trade covers. My Gwen would love a couple greens.

I wish so too. Or even a way to hoard onto the cards longer than 13 days.
    I checked just for laughs what it would take to bring my Gwen up to 250 from 115 - 276,000 iso. Plus another probably 90 K to champion her.
    Sploits is the only power I really like from her - which of course I have the least of.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1st try with my lvl 152 1/4/2. +100% damage, +50% purple/blue damage, +2 all ap.
    Just denied red and got my green off a couple times, was actually easier than I expected as I had 2/3 of my health left.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sploits is the only power I really like from her - which of course I have the least of.

Why don't you like her green then?

I thought it was great last event when she was boosted, she was often more dangerous than cyke for me in that event.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

Why don't you like her green then?

I thought it was great last event when she was boosted, she was often more dangerous than cyke for me in that event.

This. Green is crazy. When boosted it's downright nuts.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cycle 3: My 3/2/1 Jean couldn't get close.

Cycle 4: Had to level 5/3/2 Jean from 133 to 165, but finally beat it.

Now: Champed at 278 5/3/5, beat this first try with no boosts, but far from a cakewalk.

This is still probably one of the more challenging Crashes. Champed Jean still only hits for 3500-4000 unboosted, which means it'll take a few bombs to drag down Boobstone, and Jean's abilities take a while to build up. You're also trying to deny red, which only slows you down.

As it turned out, it rained red all over my board, so MS was able to fire her red three times, even though I finished the match with 30 red in the bank. I was able to fire purple once, then a green and purple back-to-back, and won with 2k health left.

Reward: token_legendary.pngredflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png (now 2/0/2)
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:

I wish so too. Or even a way to hoard onto the cards longer than 13 days.
    I checked just for laughs what it would take to bring my Gwen up to 250 from 115 - 276,000 iso. Plus another probably 90 K to champion her.

I would love to trade something for a Gwenpool green. I could finally quit wasting purples and blacks of hers. 5/5/2 is really hurting me right now