What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    davie_r2d2 wrote:
    A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Flying Smash: Red (12 AP)
    Jessica Jones soars into the air to gain momentum, and then flies down, bashing the enemy and knocking her foe senseless. Deals 378 damage and stuns the enemy for one turn. If there is at least one friendly Strike, Protect, and Attack tile on the field, she smashes them with the force of her blow, dealing an additional 180 damage to the entire enemy team. (3684 damage, + 2475 team damage at max level)

The Strike tile generation to go with cage and IF is brilliant. The Red may be a touch OP at max level. I would make the team damage about 1/2, but have that damage included in the base to initial target (like Thor)

This would make her perfect. Active red and blue, which is missing from the other 2, nicely done. You should make a separate thread for this one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    @Malcrof thanks! I was thinking a lot about what would go well with her, based on her comics portrayal and powers, as well as the synergy with Cage and Rand. If you want to make a new post with her, be my guest. I was trying and failing to figure out how to do it myself icon_razz.gif I also have ideas as to other characters. Me and my friend do this for fun sometimes. We thought up a 4-star Mr. Fantastic, a 3-star Agent Venom, and a 3-star Ben Grimm. This was my solo thought for her, which is why i posted it.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    davie_r2d2 wrote:
    @Malcrof thanks! I was thinking a lot about what would go well with her, based on her comics portrayal and powers, as well as the synergy with Cage and Rand. If you want to make a new post with her, be my guest. I was trying and failing to figure out how to do it myself icon_razz.gif I also have ideas as to other characters. Me and my friend do this for fun sometimes. We thought up a 4-star Mr. Fantastic, a 3-star Agent Venom, and a 3-star Ben Grimm. This was my solo thought for her, which is why i posted it.

It is most likely because you do not have enough posts. I started it for you

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30444
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aka JJ has to use Red, and I would say either purple or yellow. She needs to compliment Cage and IF, and be somewhat color redundant. Maybe even red green blue or green blue purple.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MPQ line before the character is introduced: A new character springs to life in MPQ...and can join your party...but for a terrible cost...

Frog-Man (can you imagine the animations?) icon_lol.gif

2* character (he thinks he's 4*, I thought 1*, we compromised icon_lol.gif )

Attack Jump, Green, 6 AP
    Frog-Man jumps on a selected enemy, doing damage. His costume is so uncool, and his movements are so ungainly, that he hurts team morale. The team loses 3 Team-Up AP. At 3 covers, stuns the enemy for 1 turn; at 5 covers this increases to 2 turns. Damage increases with level and covers, is comparable to the main physical attack of other 2* characters. Green AP cost is slightly higher at less than 5 covers.

Rescue Jump, Yellow, 6 AP
    Frog-Man jumps around pulling others out of harm's way. Adds a countdown tile to the board. While the countdown tile is active, if there is no green protect tile on the board, add one (strength comparable to a 2* Bullseye). Frog-Man looks so ridiculous while doing this that it hurts team spirit. The team gains no Team-Up AP from matches while the countdown tile is on the board. Countdown tile lasts a maximum of 9 turns at 5 covers, less at a lower number of covers. Yellow AP cost is slightly higher at less than 5 covers.

Defensive Jump, Blue, 9 AP
    Frog-Man is able to jump to avoid being attacked. Adds a blue trap tile to the board. If Frog-Man is attacked for more than 250 damage while this trap tile is active, the tile is destroyed, generating no AP, but reducing damage to Frog-Man. Frog-Man avoids all damage at 5 covers, and only a certain percentage of damage at less covers. Unfortunately, Frog-Man follows this move with a line which makes the team groan, and the team loses 2 Team-Up AP. Blue AP cost is slightly higher at less than 5 covers.

Note: All powers above are subject to the rule that the party's Team-Up AP can't drop below 0.

I did think about a power allowing him to jump on multiple enemies, but that's being saved for the 3* version. (Well, at least he thinks he's getting a 3* version... icon_e_wink.gif )

And yes, I know that there are cooler ideas out there for new characters, but mine's funnier. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Selvokaz
    Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Rogue Tier 3 Classic (1990's attire)

Power Drain: Tile Color Yellow (When activated this power would stun the targeted opponent for 1 round while dealing x damage and healing Rogue for equal damage. This power also activates Rogue's Stolen Power ability.

Stolen Power: Tile Color = Power Stolen (When Rogue uses Power Drain, she copies one selected power and uses it at a level equal to her Stolen Power. ie If Stolen Power is level 1, any power she steals with Power Drain will be at level 1.)

Borrow Power: Tile Color = Power Borrowed (When a ally is downed, Rogue can select one of that downed allies abilities and use it. The Powers level is equal to the level of Borrowed Power.)

Reflective of that time period, Rogue would likely have a good deal of health to represent her having Ms Marvels powers at the time. Her tile strengths would be yellow, and 2 colors matching the powers shes stolen or borrowed. Which means in the beginning of a match only yellow is a strong offensive attack, while the remaining colors would be weak until her powers were used.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Someone already suggested this character, but didn't propose a moveset, so I thought I'd try it.

Azazel

This is based on the movie version, in which the character is an advanced combat goon. He is capable of taking on the enemy's cannon fodder, but is susceptible to psychic attack, and can be overpowered by advanced mutants. This version is therefore a 2* character with corresponding health.

Satanic Stab
    9 Red AP
    1 cover: Azazel teleports behind an enemy and stabs with a knife, causing damage.
    2 covers: Azazel's combat abilities have improved, and he now can use two knives rather than one. Damage increase.
    3 covers: Azazel's teleportation abilities have improved, and he can now teleport faster. Damages 2 selected enemies.
    4 covers: Azazel's combat abilities have improved: he has learned to stab critical points. Damage increase.
    5 covers: Azazel can teleport even faster. Damages 3 enemies.

Devilish Drop
    9 Black AP
    1 cover: Azazel grabs an enemy, teleports with the enemy to a height, and then drops the enemy, causing damage.
    2 covers: Azazel has learned how to teleport higher. Damage increase.
    3 covers: Azazel's teleportation abilities have improved, and he can now teleport faster. Damages 2 selected enemies.
    4 covers: Azazel has learned how to teleport even higher. Damage increase, and enemies dropped are stunned for 1 turn if they are not killed.
    5 covers: Azazel can teleport even faster. Damages 3 enemies.

Demonic Dodge
    Purple Passive
    Azazel can use his teleportation ability to evade damage. A purple trap tile is placed on the board. If Azazel would take damage when the purple tile is on the board, the tile is destroyed without generating AP, and Azazel evades the damage. Note that Azazel needs to see the attack coming to evade damage, so trap tile placement is subject to the following restrictions: only 1 trap tile placed per turn; no trap tile placed if Azazel is stunned; no trap tile placed if Azazel has used his red or black powers within the past n turns (n decreases as covers are added, reaching n=1 at 5 covers).

Note: An advanced Azazel should be able to take out a normal person in one shot, but a character like Hulk can shrug off a knife stab, and can apparently be dropped from aircraft and survive. Damage for the red and black powers should be adjusted accordingly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been curious for a while about what would happen if you designed a character that you had to save up enough AP for multiple Power attacks in one turn to kill. Here is the result.

Someone took a shot at a moveset for this character in another thread, but I wanted his powers to be a more integrated package.

Sebastian Shaw
    4* character (in the movie, he's described as being able to make himself into a "nuclear bomb," so I can't imagine less than 4 stars), with accelerated healing

Damage Conversion
    Black Passive; does not work when the character is stunned
    1 Cover: Whenever Shaw is damaged, a 1-turn countdown tile is placed on the board. When the countdown tile goes off, Shaw receives the damage back (true healing), plus X Yellow AP. There is no limit to the number of countdown tiles, but they revert to regular tiles if Shaw's health reaches zero. (Calibrate X by playtesting so Shaw is powerful but not unstoppable.)
    2 Covers: Increase in X
    3 Covers: The energy Shaw has received improves his constitution. Whenever one of his countdown tiles goes off, places a friendly black Protect tile on the board if there is not one already.
    4 Covers: Increase in X
    5 Covers: The energy Shaw has received improves his strength. Whenever one of his countdown tiles goes off, places a friendly black Strike tile on the board if there is not one already.

Energy Strike
    15 Yellow AP
    Shaw uses stored energy to attack an enemy. The ratio of damage to AP cost should be the same as the ratio for Damage Conversion at max Yellow covers, not as good at a lower number of covers.

Energy Absorption
    15 Blue AP; can't be used when the character is stunned, of course
    1 Cover: Shaw smacks himself into a wall to absorb a small amount of energy. Similar effect to 1-cover Damage Conversion of the match-3 of a 1* character.
    2 Covers: Shaw has his minions pummel him so he can absorb some energy. Similar effect to 2-cover Damage Conversion of the physical attack of a Doombot.
    3 Covers: Shaw has his minions fire projectile weapons at him so he can absorb more energy. Similar effect to 3-cover Damage Conversion of a Maggia Tommy Gun attack.
    4 Covers: Shaw has one of the mutants working for him attack him so he can absorb even more energy. Similar effect to 4-cover Damage Conversion of the attack power of a 2* character.
    5 Covers: Shaw absorbs energy from the nuclear reactor of his sub. Similar effect to 5-cover Damage Conversion of the major attack power of a 3* character.

Is this character broken? Some calibration via playtesting would be useful. He can be killed, if you repeat stun him (how he was beaten in the movie), or save up AP and then hit him with multiple powers in one turn so that he dies before his countdown tiles ever have a chance to go off (this simulates him having a power overload), or some combination of both. I set his active power AP costs relatively high (he does seem to have to charge up at the nuclear reactor for a while in the movie), aiming for there being enough time for a chance to beat him. The exact costs should be tested before character introduction. His health would also have to be adjusted to be about 1/3 the total damage done during a PvP involving 4* characters.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    jeff204vk wrote:
    I've been curious for a while about what would happen if you designed a character that you had to save up enough AP for multiple Power attacks in one turn to kill. Here is the result.

Someone took a shot at a moveset for this character in another thread, but I wanted his powers to be a more integrated package.

Sebastian Shaw
    4* character (in the movie, he's described as being able to make himself into a "nuclear bomb," so I can't imagine less than 4 stars), with accelerated healing

Damage Conversion
    Black Passive; does not work when the character is stunned
    1 Cover: Whenever Shaw is damaged, a 1-turn countdown tile is placed on the board. When the countdown tile goes off, Shaw receives the damage back (true healing), plus X Yellow AP. There is no limit to the number of countdown tiles, but they revert to regular tiles if Shaw's health reaches zero. (Calibrate X by playtesting so Shaw is powerful but not unstoppable.)
    2 Covers: Increase in X
    3 Covers: The energy Shaw has received improves his constitution. Whenever one of his countdown tiles goes off, places a friendly black Protect tile on the board if there is not one already.
    4 Covers: Increase in X
    5 Covers: The energy Shaw has received improves his strength. Whenever one of his countdown tiles goes off, places a friendly black Strike tile on the board if there is not one already.

Energy Strike
    15 Yellow AP
    Shaw uses stored energy to attack an enemy. The ratio of damage to AP cost should be the same as the ratio for Damage Conversion at max Yellow covers, not as good at a lower number of covers.

Energy Absorption
    15 Blue AP; can't be used when the character is stunned, of course
    1 Cover: Shaw smacks himself into a wall to absorb a small amount of energy. Similar effect to 1-cover Damage Conversion of the match-3 of a 1* character.
    2 Covers: Shaw has his minions pummel him so he can absorb some energy. Similar effect to 2-cover Damage Conversion of the physical attack of a Doombot.
    3 Covers: Shaw has his minions fire projectile weapons at him so he can absorb more energy. Similar effect to 3-cover Damage Conversion of a Maggia Tommy Gun attack.
    4 Covers: Shaw has one of the mutants working for him attack him so he can absorb even more energy. Similar effect to 4-cover Damage Conversion of the attack power of a 2* character.
    5 Covers: Shaw absorbs energy from the nuclear reactor of his sub. Similar effect to 5-cover Damage Conversion of the major attack power of a 3* character.

Is this character broken? Some calibration via playtesting would be useful. He can be killed, if you repeat stun him (how he was beaten in the movie), or save up AP and then hit him with multiple powers in one turn so that he dies before his countdown tiles ever have a chance to go off (this simulates him having a power overload), or some combination of both. I set his active power AP costs relatively high (he does seem to have to charge up at the nuclear reactor for a while in the movie), aiming for there being enough time for a chance to beat him. The exact costs should be tested before character introduction. His health would also have to be adjusted to be about 1/3 the total damage done during a PvP involving 4* characters.

I always put shaw in the Charged Tile generation club, with an ability to AOE bomb off destroyed charged tiles. Maybe, each time he is hit, it creates a random charged tile (absorption) then use the strike to explode them. It would end up being a carnage type damage everyone but him type thing, but would work nicely.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm curious about characters who can't generate their own power. Here is one possible way to address that issue. A moveset has been posted elsewhere on this forum for this character before (in "Design a Character!"), but I wanted to try one focusing more on the character's limitation and how he overcomes it. The earlier posting assumed that the character had a blowtorch and a backpack with fuel all the time.

MPQ may never include this character to avoid confusion with a HAMMER goon of the same name, but the concept could be applied to other characters.

Pyro (the mutant, not a HAMMER Pyro)
    2* character, decent health

Flame Supply
    Red Passive
    With no Red covers, Flame Supply=0.
    Level 1: Pyro remembered to bring a cigarette lighter with him. Flame Supply=1.
    Level 2: Pyro brought a barbecue lighter with him. Flame Supply=3.
    Level 3: Pyro brought a small weed-killing torch with him. Flame Supply=6.
    Level 4: Pyro uses his weed-killing torch to light a large bonfire. Flame Supply=10.
    Level 5: Pyro has developed a fuel-containing backpack and blowtorch. Flame Supply is essentially unlimited.

Creature of Flame
    8 Yellow AP
    Pyro creates a creature out of fire and has it attack an enemy. A yellow countdown tile is placed on the board which causes damage each turn. Pyro has to focus to maintain such a creature, so only one such countdown tile can be present at any time, and if his focus is disturbed (if the countdown tile is destroyed) then the creature is gone. Countdown length and damage per turn increase with number of Yellow covers. The creature can't be any stronger than the flame available when it is created, however. When the countdown tile is created, countdown length is the number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply (see above), or the length based on the number of Yellow covers, whichever is lower; damage per turn is 10 X (number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply), or the damage based on the number of Yellow covers, whichever is lower.

Wall of Flame
    8 Black AP
    Pyro creates a wall of flame to protect him. A black countdown tile is placed on the board. While this tile is present, any enemy who attacks Pyro is hit with a percentage of the attacking damage. Pyro has to focus to maintain this, so only one such countdown tile can be present at any time, and if his focus is disturbed (if the countdown tile is destroyed) then the wall is gone. Countdown length, and the percentage of their damage that attacking enemies are hit with, increase with number of Black covers. The wall can't be any stronger than the flame available when it is created, however. When the countdown tile is created, countdown length is the number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply (see above), or the length based on the number of Black covers, whichever is lower; % damage enemies receive is 3 X (number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply), or the damage based on the number of Black covers, whichever is lower.

It might be interesting to see how people play a character like this. Do you pair him with a color generator (Cyclops generates Red tiles, for example), do you invest a lot in Red covers, or do you hope that there will be enough Red on the board?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    jeff204vk wrote:
    I'm curious about characters who can't generate their own power. Here is one possible way to address that issue. A moveset has been posted elsewhere on this forum for this character before (in "Design a Character!"), but I wanted to try one focusing more on the character's limitation and how he overcomes it. The earlier posting assumed that the character had a blowtorch and a backpack with fuel all the time.

MPQ may never include this character to avoid confusion with a HAMMER goon of the same name, but the concept could be applied to other characters.

Flame Supply
    Red Passive
    Level 4: Pyro uses his weed-killing torch to light a large bonfire. Flame Supply=10.
    Level 5: Pyro has developed a fuel-containing backpack and blowtorch. Flame Supply is essentially unlimited.

Creature of Flame
    8 Yellow AP
    Pyro creates a creature out of fire and has it attack an enemy. A yellow countdown tile is placed on the board which causes damage each turn. Pyro has to focus to maintain such a creature, so only one such countdown tile can be present at any time, and if his focus is disturbed (if the countdown tile is destroyed) then the creature is gone. Countdown length and damage per turn increase with number of Yellow covers. The creature can't be any stronger than the flame available when it is created, however. When the countdown tile is created, countdown length is the number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply (see above), or the length based on the number of Yellow covers, whichever is lower; damage per turn is 10 X (number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply), or the damage based on the number of Yellow covers, whichever is lower.

Wall of Flame
    8 Black AP
    Pyro creates a wall of flame to protect him. A black countdown tile is placed on the board. While this tile is present, any enemy who attacks Pyro is hit with a percentage of the attacking damage. Pyro has to focus to maintain this, so only one such countdown tile can be present at any time, and if his focus is disturbed (if the countdown tile is destroyed) then the wall is gone. Countdown length, and the percentage of their damage that attacking enemies are hit with, increase with number of Black covers. The wall can't be any stronger than the flame available when it is created, however. When the countdown tile is created, countdown length is the number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply (see above), or the length based on the number of Black covers, whichever is lower; % damage enemies receive is 3 X (number of red tiles on the board plus Flame Supply), or the damage based on the number of Black covers, whichever is lower.

It might be interesting to see how people play a character like this. Do you pair him with a color generator (Cyclops generates Red tiles, for example), do you invest a lot in Red covers, or do you hope that there will be enough Red on the board?

How would Hood's black effect the timers?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I always put shaw in the Charged Tile generation club, with an ability to AOE bomb off destroyed charged tiles. Maybe, each time he is hit, it creates a random charged tile (absorption) then use the strike to explode them. It would end up being a carnage type damage everyone but him type thing, but would work nicely.

You could certainly create a workable character like that. The only problem is that another character could use the charged tiles before Shaw does. AFAIK in the movie and comics, whatever energy Shaw is hit with disappears into him and is only usable by him.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    jeff204vk wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

You could certainly create a workable character like that. The only problem is that another character could use the charged tiles before Shaw does. AFAIK in the movie and comics, whatever energy Shaw is hit with disappears into him and is only usable by him.

Then we change it to trap tiles maybe? If matched enemy takes some minor damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    jeff204vk wrote:

Flame Supply
    Red Passive

Creature of Flame
    8 Yellow AP

Wall of Flame
    8 Black AP

That's a good question. If you had Hood in your party, you would want a favorable effect, i.e., Pyro's timers up, but Hood currently brings friendly timers down, which would make things worse.

One possible solution is to make Wall of Flame and Creature of Flame trap tiles rather than countdown tiles, and have Flame Supply just affect max damage but not duration.

Another possible solution is to say that Dormammu is jealous of those who use flame without his involvement, and leave Pyro with countdown tiles, which don't last as long when Hood invokes Dormammu. (This would probably mean that no one would pair Pyro and Hood, but AFAIK they spend little or no time together in the comics anyway, so maybe that's not so bad.)
  • Malcrof
    Options
    jeff204vk wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jeff204vk wrote:

Flame Supply
    Red Passive

Creature of Flame
    8 Yellow AP

Wall of Flame
    8 Black AP

That's a good question. If you had Hood in your party, you would want a favorable effect, i.e., Pyro's timers up, but Hood currently brings friendly timers down, which would make things worse.

One possible solution is to make Wall of Flame and Creature of Flame trap tiles rather than countdown tiles, and have Flame Supply just affect max damage but not duration.

Another possible solution is to say that Dormammu is jealous of those who use flame without his involvement, and leave Pyro with countdown tiles, which don't last as long when Hood invokes Dormammu. (This would probably mean that no one would pair Pyro and Hood, but AFAIK they spend little or no time together in the comics anyway, so maybe that's not so bad.)

Enter the savior.. the ALMIGHTY BAGMAN! snarky huh?
  • ronin_san
    Options
    This Pyro needs its own thread. That's my motivation tonight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can't get this 'power' out my head and reverse engineered it to a character. Pretty much he/she would swap all your protects for strikes, all your strikes to protects, and attacks would become CDs which trigger *something* - either more protect/strikes, dmg, healing - I'm not sure yet. Right now that lends itself to Mr. Fantastic - a 'smart' power if you will.

I doubt he's happening, so I don't expect it but the power has some legs...
    - Unreall
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I can't get this 'power' out my head and reverse engineered it to a character. Pretty much he/she would swap all your protects for strikes, all your strikes to protects, and attacks would become CDs which trigger *something* - either more protect/strikes, dmg, healing - I'm not sure yet. Right now that lends itself to Mr. Fantastic - a 'smart' power if you will.

I doubt he's happening, so I don't expect it but the power has some legs...
    - Unreall

Would be great to use with Cage or Daken, swap his protect to a strike (and strengthen it a little), then he creates a new protect next round. Save up 2 like a double double cross, with like 5 daken strikes out, change them to shields, adds power, change them back to strike making them even more powerful.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Speaking of legs. That sound like something Mr Sinisher or Forge (cybernetic legs) could make happen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Speaking of legs. That sound like something Mr Sinisher or Forge (cybernetic legs) could make happen.
    I thought Forge next ironically...but while I only check on the comic world once every 6 months...he's never seemed like a big enough name.

Sinister however...*taps fingers together in villainous manner while laughing maniacally*...X-Men property so no ****-blocking...villain which is needed...historic...

MAKE IT SO!
    - Unreall