Mr. Fantastic vs. Doom: FIGH---oh, he died.

Options
CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Yep. Everybody knew this day would come. It's his turn to face.....SOMEONE? Who could it be?!

Let's be honest, you don't need any coy hints at insider info to say it's almost certainly Doctor Doom; they're arch-nemeses and share two colors and Doom's blue is well suited to getting rid of the Imaginaut countdown tiles that provide Reed's only offense. But technically it's still A MYSTERY!

Comments

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The really should have coincided this with the release of the final issue of secret wars
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's bet how many turns he survives! I can hardly imagine him defeating anyone except maybe bagman or yelena.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reed isnt too bad in a team, especially ones that generate strike tiles. The problem with 1v1 is that his only offensive power requires you to then match colours he cannot use, and one of those colours isnt even purple.....
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel this will be another disaster like Cap Falcon ( I had an 11 cover 551 at 180 and it was literally impossible), except even the people with a fully covered Mr. Fantastic aren't going to fare very well. He can be useful as part of a team but solo he is terrible. He doesn't generate enough special tiles on his own that healing is going to reliably save you and he has literally no offense. PX was going to be impossible without an opponent generating special tiles for you and going invisible so hopefully D3 has put some thought into this and will also give us an opponent who will generate some special tiles for us as well.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not done with jean yet, closing this thread.. one at a time please. Will unlock this when it is his week
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Not done with jean yet, closing this thread.. one at a time please. Will unlock this when it is his week

It's Time
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Domestic dispute? He's no Hank Pym, but still... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He is so kind and gentle that he wouldn't even hurt a fly, not to mention other characters in this game.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had the (bad) luck to draw enough Mr. F's from my legendary tokens to get him to 3/5/5. Sad that I'll have to put levels into him though, he's just sitting at 70 right now. They should just put him against bagman icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mr.F vs Doom it's 100% icon_e_wink.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    you-guys-are-so-bad-im-not-even-gonna-kill-ya.jpg
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    spectator wrote:
    The really should have coincided this with the release of the final issue of secret wars

Can't blame D3 for that one though, the final issue of Secret Wars just got pushed into 2016. At this rate, the FF might actually be a part of the Marvel Universe again before that series finishes.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's sad that this may be yet another one of these that I don't even try. My Reed is 1/1/3, so technically I have decent covers in his one offensive skill. But even a top tier 4* would have trouble beating Doom 1v1.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What if it's against Sue Storm? Even then I could not win anything with my single covered Reed.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Berserk Al wrote:
    What if it's against Sue Storm? Even then I could not win anything with my single covered Reed.
    I'm not sure I'd like fighting her, either, since Reed doesn't have any boardshake or targeted destruction or stuff like that.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3/0/4 Reed can go up to 168, but i can't bring myself to invest 60k iso8.png in him
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do look forward to rolling my 0/3/1 out there at least once for the laugh inducing curb stomp that will occur.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How bad is Mr F? Well, I'm willing to bet that a lv 270 5/5 Yelena would beat him. His yellow won't activate if she doesn't match his protect tiles. And incidentally, those protect tiles are perfect targets for Payback Mission.

So what chance does he have against Doom?
    Mr Fantastic does have a stun attack. If he can tie Doom up before he gets his Demons off, he might get the job done eventually.
    Though with his damage output it's definitely going to take a while. May want to bring some damage boosts just to speed things up a bit.
  • My 4/3/0 will be at 168 by his time to lose. I don't even have a cover for his offensive power. ****, he's gonna be beat like a red headed step child
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's worse -- not having his offensive power, or not having his stun?

(Trick question, he's the worst no matter what)