Patch Notes - R105 (07/18/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R105!

Take wing…

What’s New
    - PVP action with Vision! - A Boss returns for vengeance?!

What’s Changed
    - Roster & Character Select screen: When viewing the character power level bar, selecting a power level reveals the description as if your character currently had that power level. *(See screenshot #1) - Power Shift screen: A button now displays below the ‘Drop Power Level’ button allowing you to see a description of the previous power level. *(See screenshot #2) - Roster screen (player’s character collection) is now scrollable horizontally. *(See screenshot #3) - Join Forces missions (where a character is provided for the player): A copy of the character with more levels and more power levels is selected. The game no longer selects the player's character by default. - Reworked Venom (Dark Avengers)’s Symbiote Snare power. Lower levels of the power require Web tiles to be on the board to activate the power. Each power level reduces this requirement until it reaches 0. The power no longer stuns the entire opposing team at Power Level 5. - Match hint now correctly shows the proper tiles when tiles were converted to another color using a power. - Game once again shuffles tiles properly if the last remaining match on the board is locked. - War Machine's Aerial Assault once again creates Attack tiles after the Aerial Assault Countdown tile is locked, then unlocked. - Raise Level button no longer loses functionality if a character was partially leveled in R103 or earlier.

*Screenshot #1
MPQ_R105_01.JPG

*Screenshot #2
MPQ_R105_02.jpg

*Screenshot #3
MPQ_R105_03.JPG

Comments

• Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Solid update. a few features I have been waiting for awhile to see. Thanks!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    - A Boss returns for vengeance?!

meaning BOSS PVE
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Actually some nice changes.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How will Venom stun at all before 5 purple?
    Snare requies web tiles, snare creates web tiles
    Is he getting a 3rd skill to create web tiles?
    And thanks for making the TU worthless, a team snare, even 1 turn, can be a life saver
    Losing a fairly cheap team stun stings a bit
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    And thanks for making the TU worthless, a team snare, even 1 turn, can be a life saver
    Losing a fairly cheap team stun stings a bit

Compare the number of times you fight against him vs the amount of times you use the TU with him. For me it's about 100:1. YMMV.

Unrelated edit: The ability to select the levels of abilities and see what they do and the ability to see what you're "downgrading" to are both things that when I first started playing were very surprising to me that they weren't available. Good to see them added. Side scrolling through roster sounds cool too.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What’s Changed
      - Roster & Character Select screen: When viewing the character power level bar, selecting a power level reveals the description as if your character currently had that power level. *(See screenshot #1) - Power Shift screen: A button now displays below the ‘Drop Power Level’ button allowing you to see a description of the previous power level. *(See screenshot #2) - Roster screen (player’s character collection) is now scrollable horizontally. *(See screenshot #3)
    - Join Forces missions (where a character is provided for the player): A copy of the character with more levels and more power levels is selected. The game no longer selects the player's character by default.
    - Reworked Venom (Dark Avengers)’s Symbiote Snare power. Lower levels of the power require Web tiles to be on the board to activate the power. Each power level reduces this requirement until it reaches 0. The power no longer stuns the entire opposing team at Power Level 5.
    - Match hint now correctly shows the proper tiles when tiles were converted to another color using a power.
    - Game once again shuffles tiles properly if the last remaining match on the board is locked.
    - War Machine's Aerial Assault once again creates Attack tiles after the Aerial Assault Countdown tile is locked, then unlocked.
    - Raise Level button no longer loses functionality if a character was partially leveled in R103 or earlier.

I really like this list of changes. Thanks!
    Does the bolded change affect picking a featured character in a PvP event? For example, in the Peggy event I always wanted the 1/1/1 loaner rather than my 0/0/2 character.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like some good changes. The Venom TU was good, but real players used MBW's TU anyway.

I'm glad he can't stun the whole team regularly. Those dark avengers pve rounds were driving me crazy.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At last, 1* Venom's reign of terror is over!

he was really warping the meta there for a while. . .

(does this mean MBW's blue is going to get changed next? icon_e_sad.gif )
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Take wing...

Obviously it's Colleen Wing.

:edit: Unless it's an anagram.

A Wet King - Namor

Or maybe Dazzler.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Awesome UI improvements.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Take wing...

A Wet King - Namor

Or maybe Dazzler.

I know there are rumors of Marvel not putting Fox-rights characters in their games, but I'm thinking Angel.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Take wing...

A Wet King - Namor

Or maybe Dazzler.

I know there are rumors of Marvel not putting Fox-rights characters in their games, but I'm thinking Angel.

lol. Rumors? Those are FACTS......
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

Most likely thing is that snare creates web tiles when first fired.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Take wing > take flight > alpha flight > alpha flight wolverine variation confirmed!
    Finally a long awaited Wolverine variant! Probably only a 1*, but that would explain why Yelena was bumped.

Ok, so I guess that maybe there's a slight chance it's not a Wolverine variant. I guess it could be literal; Angel had his wings taken, but was graciously gifted replacements by Apocalypse. We could be getting Archangel? He'd be a good addition. We could get X-Force Archangel so that we can run a full X-Force team, which would be nice.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Those look like some great changes, thanks!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    We could get X-Force Archangel so that we can run a full X-Force team, which would be nice.

We'd still need Uncanny X-Force Psylocke and Fantomex! And eventually Uncanny X-Force AoA Nightcrawler.

If we're discounting Fox characters, it could be Wasp (since she's half of the Ant-Man sequel.) Vulture is also rumored to be the villain in the upcoming Spider-Man movie. This could be timed alongside an official announcement of this.

Also, Namor DOES have those little wings on his ankles...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    - Join Forces missions (where a character is provided for the player): A copy of the character with more levels and more power levels is selected. The game no longer selects the player's character by default.

If I gave this one thumbs up for every time I got screwed because I used my character instead of the loaner I'd be filling the screen.

All the other changes looks great too.

KGB
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    Very cool quality of life changes, keep it up.

I would love a checkbox on the roster screen so I can bulk delete - would really make managing the selling of covers SO much easier.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Take wing… = Wasp?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Take wing…

Don't mind if I do.

Hot-Wings.jpg