Guide to beating boss rush

Options
Mr_Sinister
Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Thought I'd post a guide to beat boss rush since it's going to be nigh impossible pretty much universally by round 6

So here we go....

1) Pick Doom/IW/PX

2) get PX to half health

3) cast summon demons and PX invis

4) kill Doom and IW

5) ride those ponies to the triple crown

Comments

• GarYin
    GarYin Posts: 10
    Options
    Alternatively...
    1. Close app
    2. Forget the event exists
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I succeeded in doing step 4. Unfortunately I don't have a Prof X.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Options
    I succeeded in doing step 4. Unfortunately I don't have a Prof X.

GarYin's alternative guide is probably best then.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My strategy in round 5 is to put my head between my legs and kiss my butt goodbye.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pray for an amazing board, use whale team ups for the last opponent. Yep, it's not really playing the game, just hoping for a lot of luck.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    My strategy in round 5 is to put my head between my legs and kiss my butt goodbye.

Pic?
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does turning invisible help? Doesn't old man Logan have AoE attack?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, no way to duck and cover for that one.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another strategy which ultimately relies on prof x: use winfinite. It helps to have a team up that creates strike or attack tiles to carry along just in case.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Depending on scaling, it seems 4* may have the advantage here, winfinite +2 Purple get's you into r6.
    Will let you know how r6 goes
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

Pic?
    I was not flexible enough to take a selfi at the same time.
    I did get to round 6 with OML, SS, and hood. In round 6 the 90k health SS killed me though
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Topic unlocked on the condition that it stays about strategy and not about your like/dislike about the event.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GarYin wrote:
    Alternatively...
    1. Close app
    2. Forget the event exists

3. Log into League of Legends and have fun playing a game (what a concept)
  • Mr_Sinister
    Options
    Non boosted 3* are match damaged out by the second wave if not earlier.

I'm going to try using PX hulk and KK and aim for crits and spam thunder clap for health.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I'll try to keep this on topic I guess. I haven't yet attempted round 6+, but round 5 I found to be somewhat beatable. I ran OML(452)/Phx(456)/ProfX(283), OML/Phx/SS(453), and OML/Phx/SWitch and beat it with all three. I found GG to not be that tough. I tried to deny black as much as possible, but if he does summon his goons - not a super big deal as you can kill them and it will still deal damage to GG, so it doesn't really prolong the fight much. So I used the first GG wave to gather as much AP as possible. Cap next can be annoying with the protect tiles, and one time he used his shield bash on me 4 rounds in a row. It "only" hit for 11k damage though so it was manageable. You HAVE to transform OML before the end of cap, and you HAVE to end wave 2 with an ability so that OML doesn't show up with claws popped ready to rip your face apart with all the green AP that has been collected for the previous two waves (a Rulk TU helps here if you have to give him a turn.) I used Phx Green to get OML's health below 40% so that his red would hit harder and down OML in 1 turn.

I liked the ProfX team the most. The match 5s generating a ton of black really helps later when you finally transform OML. SS was kind of worthless, his blue was unreliable, and his black hole too slow to stop the bleeding if I needed him to. SWitch works well, but you are still relying on a 3 turn CD which in later waves you usually don't have 3 turns to wait to generate AP. One battle I gathered a ton of AP and popped OML's claws right before the end of wave 1. His health was really low but I actually managed to get through both Cap and OML using all the AP I had stored up thanks to Phx purple making red which triggered ProfX blue to make black.

My plan for Rd 6 is to try to store up enough AP in wave 1 to kill Phx before she gets a turn. Not sure if I want to try SWitch or ProfX first though. Leaning toward SWitch. Wish I had IM46 at a usable level as his blue seems to be a pretty hard counter for this boss.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    Kingpin, Chulk, and Hood carried me through round 5, but they're only 1 for 4 in round 6.

I can't keep Phoenix under control once I get to her round. I've got a couple more attempts this refresh, but for now, I'm waiting on health packs.
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oml, Phoenix, and hood.

Respect OML 535 for max red damage.

Match red and green. Let hood generate the rest of the ap. Get as close to 30 red and purple in the first wave and flip OML when he is under 60% health. Then hopefully between casting OML red and generating additional red with Phoenix they don't get another turn.

Good team ups to bring to help with red ap generation.
    4 star Cyc
    3 star yellow Cyc
    IMHB blue
    IM46
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Non 5 star rosters.

Tean Jean, Pro X, gsbw
    Boast 2 purple/ blue
    Boast all ap

hopefully can generate enough purple in the first 3-5 moves.

Team ups to bring
    2 star cmags Purple (generate a match 5 to keep it going)
    2 star storm green (30 green equals 30 ap plus any additional cascade)
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another non-5* team:

Cho/kp/Peggy (or xfdp or im40)

Run both Cho and kp at 5/5/3.

Collect ap prioritizing black/blue/green/purple.

Cho provides a persist CD for kp to pop. This does 11k damage for me. If the CD is at 1 just let it expire, the green ap and cascaded it can possibly generate are good as well as damage.

Only use Cho green if your blue ap threshold is met. This does 19k damage for me.

As for kp yellow and purple, spam yellow as often as you can. The CDs work with his black and extra damage and strikes are great. For purple try and end each round with a skill and have enough purple ap for a cast. The ap drain + Peggy passive usually mean this prevents the new boss from using a high damage ability.

Peggy is there just for her passive, though red can be useful against cap and blue can be good for any goons that want to prevent boss damage. Try not to use blue until after a Cho green usage.

Im40 could speed up Cho green extra damage condition but I feel giving up Peggy passive isn't worth it.

Xfdp will probably trigger his passive at rd6 and higher. He could be useful though again I think Peggy is probably better.

Hope someone gets good use from this team.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat Round 6 twice using Phoenix/Switch/ProfX. So 2 for 5.

I use this team a lot, so I'm good at keeping Prof X alive. It only bogs down if all the offensive special tiles get destroyed. (Phoenix/Switch usually die somewhere in between)