Upcoming Patch Preview - R50 Discussion

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Alliances
    - S.H.I.E.L.D. code hackers have subverted a portion of H.A.M.M.E.R. communications frequencies that have enabled them to allow Agents that are in Alliances to talk directly to one another. Alliance Chat may be accessed from within the Alliance tab. - Alliance Leaderboards now occupy their own tab instead of using multiple taps to get there. - S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved their Alliance member tracking technology and now allows members to view the individual Event scores within an Alliance. - The top three Alliance players in an Event are indicated by trophies next to their names on the Alliance Leaderboards. S.H.I.E.L.D. congratulates the top performers!
UI
    - Scrolling on any supported menu screen now accelerates depending on the strength of the swipe used. - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents using PC interfaces may use their mouse wheel to scroll through supported menu screens. - Selling a rewarded 1*/2* character from the Rewards Cache has been streamlined to show only one popup to show the sell price. 3*/4* star characters still have a two popup system to confirm the sale. - The Critical tile is now more gem-like and better displays that it works with all varied colors.
Gameplay
    - The forces of magnetism have been more powerful than they should have been for some time, possibly due to the mysterious influences of Iso-8. As a result, Magneto (Classic)'s Magnetic Translocation was dealing more damage than it should have been, as it was counting the number of Blue tiles in total instead of number of swaps. The universe has been righted and magnetism reduced to its proper strength. Magneto (Classic)'s ability will now only deal damage for the number of swaps made.
Misc
    - S.H.I.E.L.D. quartermasters have added static 25 Hero Point rewards to the Daily Rewards list in place of some of the random day sets to help smooth bumps in the average Agent's Hero Point income stream. - The download size of the application on iOS has been reduced to under 100MB to allow users on cellular networks to download the app. Additional assets will be downloaded in the background while the game is running.

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    - The download size of the application on iOS has been reduced to under 100MB to allow users on cellular networks to download the app. Additional assets will be downloaded in the background while the game is running.

I approve of this change.
  • Hmm hopeful. I was worried you need to open 3 tabs, walk through a dark room, enter a code and speak the passphrase before you arrive at alliance chat and statistics. Looks like this update addresses some of the additional clicks and movements you need to do to get any information.

Does the chat persist between play sessions and for members not participating?

Are you notified somehow when someone in chat calls you a useless bagman?

I hope this doesn't start the inevitable kicking and jockeying for members that under or side perform. Alliance's are for community and investments into the future, but not everyone gets that.
  • Loving the changes. Keep up the good work guys!
  • IceIX wrote:
    The Critical tile is now more gem-like and better displays that it works with all varied colors.

A match 3 game where you shatter jewels instead of tiles? That'll never catch on.
  • IceIX wrote:
    S.H.I.E.L.D. congratulates the top performers!
    S.H.I.E.L.D. is congratulating S.H.I.E.L.D icon_e_smile.gif

In all seriousness, looks like some good changes are coming with alliances improvements people have been asking for.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    - Scrolling on any supported menu screen now accelerates depending on the strength of the swipe used.

Does this mean that there is now enhanced scrolling for touch screens (phones,tablets) but still no mouse wheel support for PC users of any kind?
  • Konman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    - Scrolling on any supported menu screen now accelerates depending on the strength of the swipe used.

Does this mean that there is now enhanced scrolling for touch screens (phones,tablets) but still no mouse wheel support for PC users of any kind?

What I hope the most out of his statement is that they allow us to scroll through leaderboards...
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    - S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved their Alliance member tracking technology and now allows members to view the individual Event scores within an Alliance.
    Oooh, here comes the drama.
    NgoXc.gif
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Options
    The "trophy-players" will be desired for the gods they are while the leaches will be cast out and shamed forever. This is gonna be gooooooooood.
  • Konman
    Options
    Arclight wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

What I hope the most out of his statement is that they allow us to scroll through leaderboards...

Having to drag your way to the bottom of the progression rewards, accidentally clicking on a cover, which brings up the character info screen, exiting the info screen, and then continuing to click and drag...takes about 3 days to get there.

At least they should put in slide bars for navigation through these screens in PCs.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    S.H.I.E.L.D. code hackers have subverted a portion of HAMMER communications frequencies that have enabled them to allow Agents that are in Alliances to talk directly to one another. Alliance Chat may be accessed from within the Alliance tab.
    Text only, voice only, or both?
  • DecoyDuck wrote:
    The "trophy-players" will be desired for the gods they are while the leaches will be cast out and shamed forever. This is gonna be gooooooooood.

hopefully the update happens before the update ends so i can kick the useless ones from the alliance ( although im pretty sure some people focus more on the pvp than pve )

but im pretty sure most of the major updates happen on Tuesdays...maybe someone can confirm with me on that one
  • IceIX
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    Hold on, let me get on that...
    ::Girl from Ipanema can be heard in the background::
    ::Typing::

Done!
  • IceIX
    Options
    Too Easy wrote:
    but im pretty sure most of the major updates happen on Tuesdays...maybe someone can confirm with me on that one
    We don't have any specific days that we deploy patches. Mondays and Tuesdays are more common for the simple reason that if an approval comes in on a weekend we'll wait till the weekday to push it (usually) so the early days in the week have more "weight" for being Client Patch release days.

Also, trophies are for display only to point out the top plays in an Alliance, they don't stack or have any gameplay effect. So people aren't likely to "trophy hunt".
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would be nice if you'd add alliance info in the PvP matchup screen so we don't attack our own.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always enjoy the "in-universe" patch notes.
  • Konman
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    Hold on, let me get on that...
    ::Girl from Ipanema can be heard in the background::
    ::Typing::

Done!

**Bobs head to music**

So that's a No. Any future efforts toward this lofty goal would be most appreciated.
  • Thanos wrote:
    Would be nice if you'd add alliance info in the PvP matchup screen so we don't attack our own.

I would just have alliance mates names appear as the color red on all screens if I was designing this feature.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    **Bobs head to music**

So that's a No. Any future efforts toward this lofty goal would be most appreciated.
    Err.. Updated Patch Notes:
    UI
      - Scrolling on any supported menu screen now accelerates depending on the strength of the swipe used. - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents using PC interfaces may use their mouse wheel to scroll through supported menu screens.
  • Looks to be a great patch - out of curiosity, will the member tracking show shielded/unshielded status like on event leaderboards?