Red vs Green at level 222 [4* DDQ Hulk Clash]

Options
CT1888
CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Sure, my 1/1/1 RHulk still doesn't stand much of a chance, but nice to see the difficulty being dropped back a bit!

Mod Edit: Clarified title some.

Comments

• bobbyfish
    Options
    0/5/2 lvl166, all fairly simple this time, had to eat a red but it was fine

Another 'fantastic' LT pull, I think I've had 5 now. At least I've got all his colours now, 2/1/3
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't even realise until I dropped a crit and hulk only produced one(?) green, but awesome.

Cleared on 3rd attempt with my 1/4/1, which I wasn't holding out much hope for. Boosted all match dmg + g/b dmg + 2 p/b ap, then focused on denying red/collecting pink, only used green to finish him off.

Opened 4 LTs for the family, 100% iso yay.
  • spidey
    Options
    my 2/1/1 rhulk was able to beat him with a lot of help from boost
    didnt let him use any skill and got less than a 100 hp left
    it was intense
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5 lvl 250, beat first try, didn't need boosts. I like that as we move on to the newer 4*s, the level of the enemies is going down, this should make for some more winnable matches with the undercovered new guys and gals!

The key is do deny red, and concentrate on Purple. Black gives him nothing, purple depletes his green so getting the clap never happened.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L 150 2/5/1, first try as well. Maybe my 0/2/3 x23 might have a shot next week aftef all.

Pull was a useless xforce yellow though. On a cold streak again with lt's.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 127 2/2/2 here, tried multiple times but ran out of damage boost and there goes any chance of beating it. Closest I got was about 2k health left before I died to smash. A few other times that were around 3-4K. Without the boosts, 6k was the lowest. Green at 2 only deals 600-1800, so it's all mainly match damage. If he was 270, then I probably wouldn't have tried so many times.

Used up all my sweet tacos too (132) trying my luck on the vault, hoping to get another cover. Failed but at least I got a legendary token (4th red for imhb) and iceman blue. Was expecting more HP prizes too but I only gotten 2x 250HP. Sitting at 100 health packs now. Need to save ISO to level imhb to 250.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah... The lower level is nice, but my 0/2/1 level 90 Rulk still can't puls it off. But I knew that would be the case.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, why does Rulk face 222 Hulk when a far inferior Reed had to fight a 270 Doom?

Must have something to do with all this in house testing I keep hearing about
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Maybe they heard all the folks asking why we didn't face someone easier (like Dino did).

Maybe they saw all the new ones were failing left and right.

Maybe they should re-consider the 4* DDQ entirely, and run it like 3* (make the entry node easy with essential, make the survival node a bit tougher but certainly not impossible.)

Edit...beat this first try with a 1/4/1, a match which took forever and Hulk never fired red/green powers, R, G boosted and 100% damage boost. Took a screenshot after my first move where I got the never-happens cascade: AP reads (RHulk) 8/11/0/11/7/10/7 (Hulk) 0/0/0/0/0/0/0. Rhulk won with ~2000 life left: probably had to have that cascade and had to have great other luck (Hulk had 12 red).

Wouldn't have ever won or even tried against a 270 Hulk.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1/3/3 Level 152. extra purple. damage boost.

did it first time. genuinely amazed. previous 5 ddq ledge have been wipes for me.

deny red and steel green. save up green for large attacks only. I had 500 health left at the end.

Won a ghost rider red. good luck
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3/4/2 140 RHulk wiped a couple of times but handled Hulk the third time with a full rainbow of ISO damage boosts. Deny and outlast is the name of the game. And hopefully this signals that the rest of the opponents for this cycle will also be below the usual 5/5/5 270s.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Rhulk was 1/2/2 so I have already decided that depending who was the enemy and his level I was ready to buy a couple of covers, after all, he is very good, so it is an investment. After I saw it was a 222 Hulk i decided to try once without buying anything. I lost, so I bought one cover, and leveled to 131. Two more tries but the AI was reeaaaally lucky with red cascades so I lost twice. I bought the second cover and leveled him to I think it was 152. Again really bad luck with red cascades but the next time I won

I needed 5 tries because I had really bad luck with red, but this is a fight that if you control red you can win with almost any number of covers (well 5+ helps and you need one purple), so it is a good fight, that depends on the player playing intelligently (of course cascades are uncontrollable). Green doesnt make a difference until you have at least 4+ covers so, as a lot of people already said, red and purple are the key.

I hope x-23 is the last fight before the reset.

Some considerations:

- Devs should learn that when the difficulty is not impossible players are more likely to buy one or two covers (never 5! If they have not bought them already DDQ4 is not going to make them buy as many covers).

- As good as RHulk is, in a one vs one he is quite bad, imagine this fight against Doom or IMHB or any other char with a good one target attack or anybody wich his main attack was not green. Green with less than four covers is really useless against one target.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/3/3, 168, took 2 tries. Can't complain.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After 5 failed attempts including 3 near victories my 2/3/2, 147 Rulk came out victorious. Ended up going with +50% damage boosts, enough to make a difference, not enough to anger.

Then pulled another unneeded icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png
    1k iso8.png
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/2/3 level 120. Took 9 tries. Boosted all damage + 50%r/y/b/p.

I was really happy until I pulled my 8th Elektra black.

There really needs to be some kind of exchange or re-roll for legendary tokens.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    My Rhulk is 0/3/1 lvl 111, and it feels like this is really way beyond my reach. I tried twice, with denying red, but truth be told I'm dying to match damage. I tried buffs that have been mentioned too, just doesn't even feel like this could happen unless I was unbelievably lucky.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lymang wrote:
    My Rhulk is 0/3/1 lvl 111, and it feels like this is really way beyond my reach. I tried twice, with denying red, but truth be told I'm dying to match damage. I tried buffs that have been mentioned too, just doesn't even feel like this could happen unless I was unbelievably lucky.

My Rulk is a 1/3/1 lvl 115 and I got it after a few tries with g/b, b/p and all dmg boosts by denying red and draining green. I used his green whenever I got 18 ap in my tries unlike some of the others on here, my reasoning was that it was better to get the most damage out of green than to avoid his anger.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't even realise until I dropped a crit and hulk only produced one(?) green, but awesome.

Honestly, I don't think it helps us to have reduced Anger in this matchup.

1. Rhulk purple can easily handle excess green.
    2. It becomes much harder for players to hoard 18 green when the best green spammer is blocked.

Overall though, I thought this was a decent matchup. I had to go 7 times before winning, but each time I was able to get hulk under 3k health. Frustrating yes, but I always felt I had a chance in the match.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's cool it's getting more successful (always interesting when people with fully covered ones report their triumphs. If you aren't completing it with all covers I really fear for everyone else).

At the same time, it seems weird, but the 90% 4 star thing throws me off.
    I have to remember (along with other posters) they won't make it survival because the purpose of the token wasn't to provide a 4 star catch-up haven, but more to create a transition to 5 star.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, 222 for everyone. My level 188 0/4/4 just managed it first try without boosts or any real strategy (as all my first goes are), and I got an unneeded Thor red from the LT.

I like the idea of lower levels, heck yes. But I think they could come up with an algorithm that takes into account your covers and levels, and makes the level you face a challenge but not impossible, even if you have only 1 cover.