Trolls on the forum

Options
Heartburn
Heartburn Posts: 527
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
780439.jpg

Looks like the Hex bolt fiasco end up with some users banned.https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=385102#p385102

friday-damn-large.jpg

but you know....
lecture.jpg
conversations can get heated and other users can fan the flames directly or indirectly, i know i did a bit throwing some likes on to their flame war. instead of encouraging it we should try to discourage it. it is all flames and baits until someone gets banned. Less flaming, less bans and a happier forum.

Now you know and....
knowing.jpg
g-i-joe-logo.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    tbh, i'm surprised i didn't get banned. Not necessarily from this but...

icon_eek.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

icon_eek.gif

You are slowly going from pariah to forum mascot. Not sure what happened, but keep at it lol (can't upvote you, apparently limit reached)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

icon_eek.gif

You are slowly going from pariah to forum mascot. Not sure what happened, but keep at it lol (can't upvote you, apparently limit reached)
    its really weird, but i think ever since alot of the people I put on ignore (left the forums I guess?) it's been pretty nice here.

And actually I received a message on here saying I was one of their favorite posters. Felt really good icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

icon_eek.gif

its really weird, but i think ever since alot of the people I put on ignore (left the forums I guess?) it's been pretty nice here.

And actually I received a message on here saying I was one of their favorite posters. Felt really good icon_mrgreen.gif

I just like that every time you post, I think of Raisin Bran and then the CA Raisins. "I heard it through the grapevine!"

/end random
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

icon_eek.gif

I just like that every time you post, I think of Raisin Bran and then the CA Raisins. "I heard it through the grapevine!"

/end random

Oh good. I'm not the only one.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Been on the board a long time and have enjoyed watching the birth of the legend that is a raisin

Checking iPhone in bed late and night and that first pic in the OP scared the sh*t out of me
  • Unknown
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    conversations can get heated and other users can fan the flames directly or indirectly, i know i did a bit throwing some likes on to their flame war. instead of encouraging it we should try to discourage it. it is all flames and baits until someone gets banned. Less flaming, less bans and a happier forum

Yeah, what really surprises me most is that people actually up vote troll posts. Do they not understand the person is trolling or are they egging it on? I believe it to be the latter.

This is why we need downvotes and forumites who understand how to use them, so trolls won't get outta hand.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:
    conversations can get heated and other users can fan the flames directly or indirectly, i know i did a bit throwing some likes on to their flame war. instead of encouraging it we should try to discourage it. it is all flames and baits until someone gets banned. Less flaming, less bans and a happier forum

Yeah, what really surprises me most is that people actually up vote troll posts. Do they not understand the person is trolling or are they egging it on? I believe it to be the latter.

This is why we need downvotes and forumites who understand how to use them, so trolls won't get outta hand.
    The people upvoting troll posts are nothing more than trolls supporting trolls. The reality is that a troll infrastructure only grows through the support of other trolls.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:

The people upvoting troll posts are nothing more than trolls supporting trolls. The reality is that a troll infrastructure only grows through the support of other trolls.

Presumably by troll infrastructure you're referring to bridges?

I'll get my coat
  • Unknown
    Options
    Heh.
    DoNotFeedTrolls.png

Don't feed the trolls! Or open the spoiler link below. Don't do it...
    internet-troll-by-woody-hearn.jpg
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

icon_eek.gif

Excellent post. Maybe it's his constant pokemon-like chant of being proud about having ignored other posters that generated his mascot status. I propose Iveignoredpplion as his nickname icon_lol.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are trolls on an internet message board? Shock horror and stop the presses, this is new and major news and everyone needs to be informed!

Personally I like clever trolls, they get people riled up for no good reason than they can and the best ones can do it without people realising they are being trolled or breaking forum rules.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

A troll inception?

tumblr_m3m144zebp1r4gei2o6_400.gif
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could you get someone so clever at trolling that they had trolled themselves so subtly they didn't even know they were a troll? That would be either some sort of uber-troll (the troll of trolls) or an idiot.

I may be over thinking this.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OP is the definition of irony. :p
  • Unknown
    Options
    ho understand how to use them, so trolls won't get outta hand.