2.9 Release Notes
Objective Screen UI
- The points for each objective are now shown.
Power Saving Option
- A new settings option has been added that should help reduce battery consumption by reducing certain graphical elements.
New Event: Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi
During April Fools Day, we jokingly introduced a new event type, where players could play on either the Goats or Chupacabras teams. While the specific details were clearly seen as comical, we discovered that many players grew fond of the concept, and were excited to see whether it would actually become a reality.
We took that notion to heart, and we’re excited to announce that we are working towards officially adding in a brand new event: Duel Decks!
Please take a read through this blog post, which should give you a much clearer idea as to what Duel Decks is. Check it out here: Duel Decks Blog Post
With the new Duel Decks event comes new Planeswalkers!
Desperate to save her world, Nissa broke the lock that kept the Eldrazi on Zendikar. Her hope was that the Eldrazi, freed of their confines, would travel out into the Multiverse.
It didn’t work.
Forest: (1/1 Forest Elemental Land Creature. Haste)
Worldwake: (4 Shield Support Card – Enchantment. Landfall: Your creatures get +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Seedling Ashaya, the Awoken World: (1/1 Elemental Creature. Haste, Trample. Leader: Elemental)
The Eldrazi Desolation
The Eldrazi were inscrutable entities of the Blind Eternities, able to travel between planes to devour worlds. Unable to defeat the titans, the ancient Planeswalkers used Zendikar’s hedrons to lure, contain, and immobilize them. They remained trapped in stasis and hidden for millennia until younger Planeswalkers inadvertently released them.
Eldrazi Scion: (1/1 Creature. Defender) When this creature is Destroyed, you gain mana equal to this creature’s Power times 3.
No changes to Standard Rotation in 2.9
To celebrate the arrival of the new Duel Decks event, we will have a brand new selection of special offers available. Keep an eye out in the Vault, so you can snag them while you can!
Standard to Legacy
The following events will be changed from Standard mode to Legacy mode:
- Fate is Rarely Fair
- Hour of Devastation
- Hour of Revelation
- Trial of Ambition
Certain Booster Packs given as rewards will be changed to the respective card set that the event was created for:
- Fateful Showdown
- Changed Amonkhet to Kaladesh
- Oath of the Gatewatch: Part 1 & 2
- Changed Kaladesh to Battle for Zendikar
- Revolt Against the Consulate
- Changed Amonkhet to Kaladesh
- Trial of the Planes
- Changed Dominaria to Core Set 2019
- Note: Trial of the Planes should reward the latest collection as Booster rewards.
The following change-list describes overall changes to several cards in the game. Most of these changes are slight adjustments to cards that felt underpowered or overpowered.
- Cost changed from 13 to 10.
Embodiment of Insight
- Cost changed from 20 to 11.
- Cost changed from 16 to 12
- Changed shield to 5.
- Increased damage to 2.
- Changed cost from 7 to 8.
Aegis of the Heavens
- Cost changed from 2 to 5.
- Legacy decks are no longer able to be played in Standard events.
- Fixed an issue with missing cards in Vault Booster Packs for the following sets: Rivals of Ixalan, Hour of Devastation, and Kaladesh.
- Vraska, Relic Seeker’s Level 4 Loot is Good ability now prioritizes the Support with the highest shield value, as opposed to the Treasure token with the highest shield value.
- Gems of the opponent’s Planeswalker’s colors are no longer destroyed, when casting Scapeshift.
- Akoum Firebird no longer returns to the battlefield from the graveyard, when matching 4 or more Loyalty Gems.
- Only 2 Activated gems are created, instead of 3, when beginning the turn, while Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca is on the battlefield.
- Liliana’s Contract now successfully triggers when exiling a Demon creature from the player’s hand, while they control 2 or more different Demon creatures on the battlefield.
- An infinite loop no longer occurs, when casting Naru Meha, Master Wizard while Living Death is the only spell card in the player’s hand with another Naru Meha, Master Wizard in the graveyard.
- The cloned card is now disabled (unable to be cast) until next turn.
- The cloned card now receives full mana, instead of the copied card source.
- The game will no longer freeze when replacing a Creature token with another Creature token
- The game will no longer freeze when a card returns a Creature to its owner’s hand. The card must be targeting a reinforced creature with a cost-reduction ability with at least one copy that was summoned from outside the player’s hand.
- The game no longer freezes when destroying the Memorial of Glory Support gem after casting Fall of the Thran, while the player’s battlefield is full and Elspeth, Sun’s Champion’s Bathe in the Sun Activated gems are on the board.
- All Support gems are targeted, instead of only the opponent’s Support gems, when beginning the player’s turn, while the player controls Haphazard Bombardment with at least one other Support gem available to target.
- Fixed an issue with Hazoret’s Undying Fury remaining in the player’s hand, instead of being cast, when attempting to cast it while there are no other cards in the player’s hand.
- Fixed an issue with the first Creature gaining +X/+X equal to the shield value of a Treasure token, instead of the Support with the highest shield value, when activating The Antiquities War’s third Chapter, while a Treasure Support token is on the board.
- Aethershield Artificer no longer targets itself, when Aethershield Artificer’s ability activates , while it is positioned before an Artifact Creature on the battlefield, after targeting it with Phyrexian Scriptures’ first chapter ability.
- An infinite loop is no longer created when Legion Conquistador fetches the next card named Legion Conquistador from your library into your hand. It will now only fetch the next Legion Conquistador 3 times.
- Exclusive cards are no longer craftable in Booster Crafting before becoming available in the Booster Packs.
- Ball Lightning is no longer returned to the battlefield from the Graveyard, when beginning the player’s turn, while God-Pharaoh’s Gift is on the board in Battle.
- The card art for Island Elemental token’s card art is no longer displayed off-center.
- Plague Wind now deals after the opponent’s Creatures have been destroyed.
- Vivien Reid’s Nature’s Purification ability now only destroys one Artifact, instead of both an Artifact Creature and Support.
- Origins Booster packs are no longer missing from the Vault.
- Banefire, with six or more Stored Mana, no longer deals zero damage, while a Planeswalker has Prevent Damage.
- Activating Totally Lost, while targeting a token card, will cause the token card to be destroyed.
- Sarkhan, Fireblood’s Level 4 Fireblood ability will now always boost the first creature with 6 or more power, regardless of the creature’s mana amount.
- Departed Deckhand now becomes destroyed, when targeting it with a spell that returns a Creature to its owner’s hand.
- The opponent will no longer draw cards, when activating multiple cards that force the opponent to draw, while the player controls a Bolas’s Omnipotence Support on the board.
- Flash now properly triggers on Murder, when a creature with haste attacks right after being summoned.
- Desecrated Tomb now activates, when a creature leaves the Graveyard using its own ability.
- Totally Lost can now only be cast on targets the opponent controls.
- The Gain Life trigger is no longer activated, when the player activates an effect that would gain life, while the opponent controls Rampaging Ferocidon.
- Sylvan Awakening is no longer able to be cast, while the player controls zero Land cards.
- Awaken cards with full mana in the opponent’s hand will now be cast, when the opponent matches gems.
- The Onslaught of the Legions’ Meek objective in A Journey Through History: A Nightmare of War Event will no longer track non-creature cards.
- Creatures with Prevent Damage will now be destroyed, when casting cards that destroy Creatures in Battle
- Settle the Wreckage is now destroyed at the end of the opponent’s turn, as opposed to immediately after an opponent’s creature attacks.
- The Zombie sub-type is no longer missing, when viewing the Hour of Promise’s Zombie token’s sub-types.
- Mentor of the Meek’s ability now activates when a Token Creature enters the battlefield, while Mentor of the Meek is on the battlefield.
- The Ingest ability now activates, when triggering any Ingest abilities, while fighting against a Colorless Planeswalker.
- The player’s hand will no longer contain seven or more cards, when activating an ability that moves a card to the player’s hand while the player’s hand is full.
- Cards with Transform or Meld will now properly flip, when selecting the Flip card button in Battle.
- [iOS] Shield icons no longer display in low resolution, when viewing it in a Support Card’s art.
- Mirror Image’s ability now activates, when casting Mirror Image while the opponent controls no Creatures.
- The Lifelink Evergreen is no longer missing, when targeting the player’s first Legendary Creature with Blessing of Belzenlok.
- The Prevent Damage Evergreen is no longer missing, when viewing Phylactery Lich while the player controls a Support gem with four Shields.
- Cards now properly discard from the bottom of the hand, when Conflux is cast.
- The additional boost is no longer missing, when reinforcing Ball Lightning while the player has a Red mana bonus.
- The Protector objective now tracks the number of both destroyed and exiled Creatures.
- Open the Graves’ ability now activates, when an opponent’s creature dies or loses a reinforcement.
- Fixed an issue with matchmaking during event loading.
- The Main Menu button is no longer selectable, when purchasing a Booster Pack in multiple areas.
- Fixed an issue where multiple Planeswalkers’ level 60 unlockable custom deck slots costed only 2,000 Mana Runes, instead of 20,000 Mana Runes.
- The player now only takes 30 damage, instead of 60 damage, when the player’s Lich’s Master Support gem is destroyed, while the opponent is Enraged.
- Fiery Intervention now activates, if the opponent controls a Creature and an Indestructible Event Support is the opponent’s only Support gem on the board.
- Demolish now remains inactive, when casting Demolish while an event specific Support gem is the only Support gem on the board.
- The Land sub-type is no longer missing, when viewing the sub-types of multiple Desert cards.
- An existing Event Deck will now become replaced, when pressing the Copy Deck button in Events.
- The New banner is no longer missing, when viewing new cards in the player’s inventory after force closing the app, while purchasing a pack in Multiple Areas.
- The opponent’s Planeswalker no longer retains the Prevent Damage ability, when triggering Detection Tower after casting a Spell that gives Planeswalkers Prevent Damage.
- Infinite Support gems no longer transform into an empty space, instead of changing colors when matched.
- Fixed some text Issues.