3.3 Release Notes
Ravnica Allegiance has arrived!
With over 200 brand new cards and tokens coming to MtGPQ, that alone will have 3.3 bringing a bunch of new content to the game! Check out the Ravnica Allegiance Card Gallery HERE
On top of that, there will be new Planeswalkers, Abilities, Features, Card and Event Balance Changes, and Bug Fixes! Check out all the details below.
New Ability Mechanics
With the arrival of new guilds in Ravnica Allegiance, they bring with them new ability mechanics!
Adapt – Simic Mechanic
Adaptability is the key to success, and the Simic Combine shapes evolution according to their designs. The Adapt ability makes a creature grow in power and toughness during the battle by matching adapted gems on the board. Make the best of the battlefield by using the right creatures with the right matches.
Addendum – Azorious Mechanic The best politicians are flexible in their goals and tactics, and their new ability is a reflection of that guild’s way. Addendum is a new ability that allows spellcasters to better control effects of spells and give them a bonus by having them at full mana in the beginning of their turn.
Afterlife – Orzhov Mechanic
Death is not the end of a contract with the Orzhov Syndicate. Creatures under their command will continue their servitude with Afterlife by leaving Spirits on the battlefield when they are destroyed.
Spectacle X – Rakdos Mechanic
The Rakdos believe that there is no true revelry without someone getting hurt. If that someone is your opponent, then cards with Spectacle will receive mana if you dealt damage to the enemy Planeswalker. This ability will allow players to keep the damage going by adding more and more cards for their circus, where the main presentation is the enemy Planeswalker’s blood.
Riot – Gruul Mechanic
Members of the Gruul Clans rely on strength and speed to successfully raid new stomping grounds. Creatures with the Riot ability can enter the battlefield with either Haste or +1/+1.
Favorite Deck Pop-Up
Players now have access to a designated Favorite Deck pop-up menu when selecting their deck for a match. This can be seen above scrolling list of Planeswalkers and to the left of the View All button.
Loop Prevention System
Card combos can be a fun and exciting way to win matches, but when it comes to infinite loops, it can be downright frustrating to endure.
New Exile Icon & View
The Exile icon is getting a new look to better separate it from the graveyard! Instead of a Trash Can, it will now resemble a Black Hole. In addition to this, players are now able to view exiled cards, similar to how cards in the Graveyard can be viewed.
Kaya, Orzhov Usurper
“The rogue duelist Kaya travels between planes making a living as a ghost assassin for a fee. Her skills attracted the attention of Bolas, who promised to…”
Check out her full details HERE
Dovin, Grand Arbiter
“Dovin Baan aspires to perfection. He became enamored of the guilds after his first trip to Ravnica, particularly the Azorius Senate, and through his talents…”
Check out his full details HERE
Domri, Chaos Bringer
“Abandoned in the remaining wilds of Ravnica, Domri was forced to fend for himself, developing his innate magical talents to summon, command and empower huge beasts. He seeks…”
Check out his full details HERE
Need a jump start for the decks you’re planning to use with the new Planeswalkers? Maybe you just can’t wait to try out the new guild abilities! There will be a brand new selection of special offers available in 3.3, so keep an eye out in the Vault, so you can snag them while you can!
Rising Tensions – Daily PvP Standard, 20 Mana Crystals Entry Cost
The 3.3 update brings with it the final 5 guilds to finish up the Rising Tensions events! Each guild’s featured event will have a Support highlighting their guild’s unique ability mechanic:
- At the beginning of your turn, if the first card in your hand has full mana, you gain 2 Loyalty.
The Simic Combine
- Whenever a creature gets buffed, that creature gains “At the end of this turn, this creature gets +1/+1”, until end of turn.
Cult of Rakdos
- At the end of each turn, if your opponent lost life during that turn, all cards in your hand gain 2 mana.
Routes of Ravnica – PvE Standard
This is the second part of the Tour de Ravnica event. It is a weekend, Standard, PvE, non-Coalition event with 5 sequential encounters; one for each Guild represented in RNA. Each encounter features a different Guild headquarters as the enemy, and all of them play in a different style, much like the puzzle battles from the Battle of Four Tribes event. Each encounter features a special support, related to its guild’s mechanics.
Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (Rakdos) – Unleash
- Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if its controller has 2 or less cards in their hand, that creature gets +1/+! and Can’t Block.
Novijen, Heart of Progress (Simic) – Evolve
- Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, your other creatures with power lower than this creature’s get +2/+2
Skarrg, the Rage Pits (Gruul) – Bloodrush
- Whenever a player exiles a card from their hand or discards a card, that player’s first creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
Prahv, Spires of Order (Azorius) – Detain
- Whenever you cast a spell, Disable your opponent’s last creature until the beginning of your next turn.
Orzhova, the Church of Deals (Orzhov) – Extort
- Whenever you cast a card, drain 1 mana from your hand. Then, your opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
The team is working on adjusting all event objectives which include Summon or Cast to be revised and follow these rules:
- Summon counts for creatures that enter the battlefield from anywhere. This also counts Tokens.
- Cast counts only creatures that enter the battlefield from your hand.
Rising Tensions All Rising Tensions events, including the 5 new events from Ravnica Allegiance, no longer have locked Nodes.
Battle of Four Tribes: Part 1
Tour de Ravnica
Certain encounters have had their mana bonuses increased.
Duskmantle, House of Shadows:
0 White -> +1 White
Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree:
0 Red -> +1 Red
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion:
0 Green -> +2 Green
Nivix, Aerie of the Firemind:
0 Black -> +2 Black
Svogthos, the Restless Tomb:
0 Red -> +3 Red
A Journey Through History: Phyrexian Compleation
Certain encounters have had their cards, loyalty abilities, and/or mana bonuses changed.
- Dominaria’s Coalition
- The Living Legacy
- Removed: Hanna, Ship’s Navigator & Squee, the Immortal & Grasp of the Heiromancer
Added: Knightly Valor & Danitha Capashen, Paragon & Aryel, Knight of Windgrace
Changed the Bloodline Project ability:
- Mana bonuses changed:
White: +3 -> +4
Blue: +1 -> +2
Red: +2 -> +3
Green: +2 -> +3
Trial of the Planes
The booster reward has been changed from Guilds of Ravnica to Ravnica Allegiance booster packs.
Amulet of Safekeeping
Apex of Power
- Added Confirmation prompt
Ability now shows an additional Hint message: “Cards with Store Mana can’t have their mana drained or raised.”
- A near-infinite loop no longer occurs when summoning Djinn of Wishes multiple times and destroying the Djinn of Wishes’ Wish Support gems, while using cards that give extra matches
- A near-infinite loop no longer occurs when the player uses multiple cards that convert gems on the board to a single color while another card that can draw cards when a Spell card was cast is on the board.
- The game no longer soft-locks when the player gains temporary control of the opponent’s stack of multiple creature tokens.
- The game no longer soft-locks when the player has more than 4 cards on the battlefield (counting Supports and Creatures) and they try to gain control of the opponent’s creature
- The game no longer occasionally freezes when selecting the X button after tapping the Avatar and Title Menu buttons in the Profile at the same time
- Gaining permanent control of an opponent’s creature will no longer count as the player Summoning a creature.
- An infinite loop no longer occurs when Squee, the Immortal’s Toughness gets reduced to 0.
- Angrath, the Flame-Chained’s Captain’s Command ability now correctly moves the opponent’s creature onto the player’s battlefield
- [Android] The game’s animations no longer slow down after opening the Settings menu
- A Disabled creature that’s targeted by Siren’s Ruse will now correctly return to the battlefield after being Exiled.
- Malevolent Whispers now correctly gains control of the opponent’s creature, if the player has 3 creatures already on the battlefield.
- The first Spell card in hand gains mana, as opposed to the next Spell card in hand, when activating Jaya Ballard’s Great Literature, Great Toast ability while the first card is a Stored Mana card and all Spell cards are non-copy Spells
- The condensed card list viewer now correctly shows card information
- The graveyard now correctly displays the mana being filled for cards with Jump-start
- The Stored Mana Evergreen is no longer missing when viewing the Banefire card
- Undergrowth Champion no longer receives -1/-1 twice, instead of once, when it takes damage from a non-combat source
- Desecrated Tomb’s effect now correctly activates when Squee, the Immortal returns to the battlefield from the graveyard by its own effect.
- Dowsing Dagger now correctly transforms when Persistent Nightmare deals combat damage to the opponent’s Planeswalker
- The player no longer incorrectly gains the City’s Blessing when passing the turn while an Ascend card with full mana is invalid to cast in their hand.
- When the player Surveils after casting Price of Fame, the selected cards now are correctly sent to the graveyard.
- Players now correctly gain control of the opponent’s creature, when the player has 3 creatures on the battlefield, and targets an opponent’s creature with a temporary control effect
- Players now correctly draw one card, instead of zero, when selecting only one target for Electrolyze
- Loyalty-gain animation no longer plays when making a match while the player has full Loyalty
- When casting a card that destroys gems of the player’s color, instead of zero gems, gems of a random color should now be destroyed, when the player is playing as a Colorless Planeswalker.
- Sphinxes in the player’s hand no longer remain discounted when Unesh, Criospynx Sovereign leaves the battlefield
- Goblin Cratermarker no longer incorrectly destroys non-colorless nonland supports
- The player’s Blood Baron of Vizkopa with power less than 12 no longer gains Flying at the beginning of the turn, when the opponent controls a Blood Baron of Vizkopa with power 12 or greater
- The Planeswalker XP bar now correctly displays immediately after buying the Planeswalker
- Chapter 1 of Fall of the Thran now correctly activates after entering the board
- Jump-start cards are now correctly Exiled after being cast from the graveyard
- An infinite loop no longer occurs when casting Vivid Revival while Vivid Revival and two Rishkar’s Expertise are in the player’s graveyard
- Six mana is now gained whenever the player targets a Legendary creature with Price of Fame, instead of incorrectly only when the player accepts the Surveil from Price of Fame
- Fixed some text issues.