- Invoke was designed in order to be able to adapt any double-sided card to Magic: Puzzle Quest since many cards in STX come with two sides and many of them don’t follow the previous double-sided cards adapted to Magic: Puzzle Quest.
- When a card with Invoke is moved to the player’s hand, a prompt will ask if the player wants to exchange it for a “related” card. If a card was exchanged, that card will gain the Invoked evergreen. Also, cards that weren’t Invoked will have an additional effect.
- The Invoke evergreen reads:
“When this card enters your hand from anywhere, if it was not Invoked, you may Invoke its related card into your hand from outside the game. If you do, exile this card.”
- The Invoked keyword ability hint reads:
“When you exchange a card for its related card, that card gains Invoked.”
- In Magic:PQ, when a card triggers Learn, the players will be able to choose 1 from up to 4 predetermined Lesson cards to add to their hand – the amount available may vary according to the card’s rarity.
- Ward is the Magic:PQ version of Ward that allows creatures to be protected against spells and abilities if the opponent chooses not to pay its Ward cost. Similarly, in Magic:PQ, Ward is a keyword that may grant Hexproof to the creature with Ward if the opponent doesn’t pay its Ward cost. The cost type can be Life, Mana or Loyalty, according to the card. Ward reads:
“When opponents make their first match during a turn, if they have a spell with full mana on their hand, they may pay this creature’s Ward cost. If they don’t, this creature gains Hexproof until end of the turn.”
- Level is a new evergreen mechanic that allows a creature or support to increase and keep track of a numeric attribute that can be used for various effects. This mechanic is analog to the Experience Counters, but it affects only cards instead of Planeswalkers.
- In Strixhaven, only two cards make use of Level: the Fractal token, and the masterpiece card Slurrk, All-Ingesting. However cards from upcoming sets will make use of this ability.
- In Magic:PQ, Magecraft is a named trigger that activates special effects when the player casts or copies a spell. It can only be triggered up to the number of times displayed along with the Magecraft evergreen icon (per turn).
- Magecraft has no cost and may trigger multiple kinds of effects.
- Enhance is an adaptation of cards with variable mana cost that comes divided and has different effects related to the divided cost.
- Widely used in Magic:PQ, Enhance is a mechanic similar to Activated Gems. When cards with this ability enter the player’s hand, a specific amount of gems receive the Enhanced effect. Each time one of these Enhanced gems is destroyed, the first card in the player’s hand that can be Enhanced has its value increased by 1.
- Cards with Enhance have two different icon evergreens: Enhance, which tells how many special gems the card creates and how many enhancements it can have, and Enhanced, which displays its current number of enhancements.
- The Enhance keyword reads:
“When this card enters your hand from anywhere, enhance up to X gems. X is this card’s Enhance value.”
- The Enhanced evergreen reads:
“This card gets enhanced whenever you match an Enhanced gem. This effect can be triggered up to X times. X is this card’s Enhance value.”
“Professor Onyx is filled with great knowledge and power – especially power. Although often in contact with students, her words and teachings carry weight as if she always knows more than what she reveals. On other planes, however, this mysterious figure is known for being an infamous necromancer.”
(Black) Support Card – Emblem (3) Token, Magecraft
“Magecraft 3: Your opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
When your opponent casts or copies a Spell card: The first opposing creature with the greatest power gets -2/-2 and your opponent loses 2 life.”
Lukka, Wayward Bonder
“First a member of the Coppercoats – then, an outcast. Now, Lukka is a Planeswalker with the ability to control monsters and bond with them. Powerful and dangerous, Lukka vowed that he would return home one day. But, for now, he is setting his journey with Mila – his crafty companion.”
Mila Crafty Companion
(White) Mythic Support – Fox (4) Legendary, Invoke
“Invoke: Lukka, Wayward Bonder.
When the first opposing creature attacks: That creature gets -2/-0 and gains Berserker until end of turn.
When a nontoken creature you control becomes the target of a spell an opponent controls: Draw a card. It gains half of its mana.
If not Invoked – When an opposing creature deals damage to a creature you control: Disable that opposing creature for 2 turns.”
Kasmina, Enigma Sage
“How would you feel if your mentor could easily transform you into a frog? Or if you’d heard that she had once used her magic to control an Eternal during an all-out battle? Well, that’s Kasmina – one and only. Her transmutation skills and control spells makes her not only an amazing and powerful Planeswalker, but also an astounding mentor to learn from!”
(Blue, Green) Support Card – Emblem (6) Token, Learn
“Adamant – Red and White: At the end of your turn, Learn – Lorehold.
Adamant – Blue and Red: At the end of your turn,Learn – Prismari.
Adamant – Blue and Green: At the end of your turn, Learn – Quandrix.
Adamant – Black and White: At the end of your turn, Learn – Silverquill.
Adamant – Black and Green: At end of your turn, Learn – Witherbloom.
When you activate a Loyalty ability: Re-enable your Vanguard abilities.”
(Blue, Green) Support Card – Fractal (2) Token, Resilient
“When this support loses shield for the first time on your turn: Reinforce it.
When this support is reinforced: Increase its Level by 1.
At the beginning of the combat on your turn: Your first creature gets +X/+X until end of turn. X is equal to this support’s Level.”
Will and Rowan, Scholars of Frost and Sparks
“A natural fit in the Prismari College of Strixhaven, the twins Rowan and Will thrive on their contrast and synergy. While Will’s diligence and knowledge allows him to unfold many mysteries and find swift solutions to adversities, Rowan’s strength and power grants her the means to deal with any trouble that they might come across!”
Twins of Magic
(Blue, Red) Support Card – Emblem (3) Token, Resilient
“When this support enters the board or when you activate a Loyalty ability: Each spell card in your hand gains 2 mana. You may Tag with your other Planeswalker.
Wizardry: Create up to 2 Enhanced Gems.
If this support has the Sparks emblem: Copy that card. It gains half of its mana.
If this support has the Frost emblem: Draw a card. It gains half of its mana.”
(Blue, Red) Creature – Elemental (4/4) Token
“Prowess: This creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.”
(Colorless) Support Card – Artifact Treasure (1) Token
“When this support is destroyed: Gain 3 mana.”
Jeska, Thrice Reborn
“Jeska had the gift – or curse – of being reborn not just once, but three times. During each of her rebirths, Jeska became a different being with a different name and unique abilities. However, after being slain as Karona, she came back to life a third time as Jeska – this time, as a Planeswalker.”
(Red) Support Card – Emblem (4) Token, Resilient
“When a spell card enters your graveyard from anywhere: If that card doesn’t have Buried, it gains Flashback and Buried X. X is that card’s base mana cost. Then, the first card with Flahsback in your graveyard gains 3 mana.
When this support loses shield for the first time each turn: Fetch the first spell card from your library. That card gains X mana. X is the number of cards in your opponent’s hand.”
If this support has the Rebirth emblem: That card gains X times 3 mana instead.”
- The Aegar, the Freezing Flame card’s text was changed. From:
- “When an opposing creature is dealt noncombat damage: If you control a Giant or a Wizard, draw a card. It gains X mana. X is equal to the damage dealt that way. This effect can trigger up to 2 time(s) per turn.”
- “When an opposing creature is dealt noncombat damage: If you control another Giant or another Wizard, draw a card. It gains X mana. X is equal to the damage dealt that way. This effect can trigger up to 2 time(s) per turn.”
- The In Search of Greatness card’s text was changed. From:
- “At the beginning of your turn: Reduce the cost of the first card in your hand by X until end of turn. X is 3 plus the highest mana cost among cards you control, that costs less than the first card in your hand. If you can’t, draw a card.”
- “At the beginning of your turn: Reduce the cost of the first card in your hand by X until end of turn. X is 3 plus the highest mana cost among creature cards you control, that costs less than the first card in your hand. If you can’t, draw a card.”
- Now we have Power Modifier, Toughness Modifier and Damage Taken stats when clicking the P/T area:
- Power Modifier: Indicates changes on the base Power of that creature while on the board.
- Toughness Modifier: Indicates changes on the base Toughness of that creature while on the board.
- Damage Taken: Indicates how much damage that creature has been taken while on the board.
- For example, a 6/5 creature that gets -1/-1 from any source:
- Then, the same creature gets +2/+2 from any source:
- And now, after the taking damage, again from any source, we have:
- Exclusive Card Tag has changed and cards will have an Exclusive Card Icon now.
- The AI will now be able to use Split and Adventure card’s effects and Riot mechanic properly.
- New rewards:
- Daily Rewards: New Set Super Pack as an extra reward;
- Trial of the Planes: Newest Set as Booster rewards;
- Planeschasing Fblthp: KHM as Booster rewards instead of ZNR.
- Some Legacy Events got a rework as follows:
- Fate is Rarely Fair is now a block event with the following collections allowed:
- Kaladesh (KLD)
- Aether Revolt (AER)
- Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)
- Ixalan (XLN)
- Dominaria (DOM)
- Kaldheim (KHM)
- Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)
- Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)
- Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)
- Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)
- Origins (ORI)
- Puzzle Masters (PMA)
- Throne of Eldraine (ELD)
- Rewards (regarding all Tiers):
- Score Ribbon 50 now provides a KLD Booster Pack.
- Awakened Inferno is now a block event with the following collections allowed:
- Core Set M20 (M20)
- Core Set M21 (M21)
- Zendikar Rising (ZNR)
- Theros Beyond Death (THB)
- Daxos vs Kalemne (DvK)
- Origins (ORI)
- Puzzle Masters (PMA)
- Strixhaven (STX)
- Rewards (regarding all Tiers):
- Score Ribbon 85 now provides a ZNR Rare Pack instead of M20 Rare Pack.
- Score Ribbon 135 now provides a STX Booster Pack instead of Mana Runes.
- Nodes of Power had its rewards reworked as follows:
- All booster packs are now Standard Booster Packs (DUPE);
- All rare card packs are now M21 Rare Card Pack;
- All Mana Runes values were doubled;
- Mana Jewels were increased for all Tiers:
- Bronze Tier
- Rank 1-5: 5 Mana Jewels
- Other ranks: 0
- Silver Tier
- Rank 1-5: 10 Mana Jewels
- Rank 6-25: 5 Mana Jewels
- Other ranks: 0
- Gold Tier
- Rank 1-5: 15 Mana Jewels
- Rank 6-25: 10 Mana Jewels
- Rank 26-50: 5 Mana Jewels
- Other ranks: 0
- Platinum Tier
- Rank 1-5: 20 Mana Jewels
- Rank 6-25: 15 Mana Jewels
- Rank 26-50: 10 Mana Jewels
- Rank 51-100: 5 Mana Jewels
- Other ranks: 0
- Fixed some text issues. (Including Dead of Winter Masterpiece)
- Fixed some German translations.
- Fixed some minor animation issues.
- Fixed an issue where Greven, Predator Captain was not getting triggered when the player lost life.
- Fixed an issue where Discontinuity was gaining mana instead of having its mana cost reduced when in the player’s hand.
- Fixed an issue where the second Discontinuity card in the player’s hand was getting discarded after the first Discontinuity card was cast.
- Fixed an issue where Centaur Rootcaster was not converting gems of the Planeswalker color.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s Whirler Rogue was being triggered when the opponent’s Whirler Rogue was being cast.
- Fixed an issue where Topdeck the Halls’s effect was reducing the cost by 3 instead of reducing it to 3.
- Fixed an issue where the game would freeze when trying to create Snow Gems without having space on the board.
- Fixed an issue where the animation was being wrongly displayed when Murasa Rootgrazer’s Landfall White effect would draw a Land support card.
- Fixed an issue where the back-side of a two-sided card would appear in the Exile area, instead of the front-side, when exiled.
- Fixed an issue in the A Timeless Voyage event, related to Urza’s Factory converting too many gems and preventing the player from getting an extra swap.
- Fixed an issue where there would be a delay when on the opponent’s turn when having Vanguard cards on their battlefield.
- Fixed an issue where Buried cards cast from the player’s graveyard were not triggering the “When a card leaves your graveyard” effect.
- Fixed an issue with the Loyalty objective where the Planeswalker ability activation was not being counted towards the objective whenever that activation would win the battle.
- Fixed an issue where Gideon Blackblade (PW) would lose the Prevent Damage due to Valkmira Protector’s Shield’s effect and it would not be possible to get Prevent Damage again.